GMC Acadia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I can't enter the competition for reasons you'll see in the following I am submitting this for those that might want a good chance of winning.
I purchased a used 2018 Acadia with 15K miles in June 2019. In July 2019 I purchased TORQUE DECON Soap (concentrate) and TOURQUE Detail Mirror Shine. Step 1 was to wash with the soap, 2 oz. per gal. and towel dry. Step 2 is to lightly spray on the Mirror Shine. Step 3 is to wipe it off with a microfiber towel. The process took less than an hour. The result has been OUTSTANDING. It is now 14 months later I I still haven't even had a need to wash the Acadia. Rain keeps it incredibly clean and the shine is solid. Water still beads when it rains On 2 occasions, following 1,200 mile trips I did hose it down and then wipe with a microfiber. I don't own or have any connection with the company. We now use it on all our vehicles and I am going to try it on a boat soon. This stuff is so easy to use and lasts! It's GREAT! JMHO
Just for fun, is the competition open to those of in Australia that drive Holden Acadia's?

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Absolutely!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited by Moderator)
Here in VA there is no rain for the next couple of days so if your ride is dirty, get on out there and clean it. The temps are absolutely perfect !!! Its currently 60 degrees as I type this at 643am.

1599993759817.png

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
660 Posts
Here in VA there is no rain for the next couple of days so if your ride is dirty, get on out there and clean it. The temps are absolutely perfect !!! Its currently 60 degrees as I type this at 643am.

View attachment 10137
Hint Hint heading my way!! 😂

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Update! Winner will be awarded a gift certificate to CarPro by me after they are picked by the forum as the winner. Anywhere from $50-100 to buy whatever you want.

No excuses, you have about 2 weeks left. Temps are cooling off so get those rides clean and win some free products.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
660 Posts
Saturday is my Day!! Finally, kids are going shopping with momma and Dad gets to stay home and Clean this car.....its begging to be cleaned!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
September 21, which leaves 9 days left to enter. As of now, its just me and GMC3. If no one else participates, he will win by default. Obviously I can't win as I am hosting it. In looking at the weather around the country, a lot of you have some pretty nice days with great temps. So, IF your interested, clean it up and share the pics to enter. If not, no worries, GMC3 will get his CarPro bundle and that will be the end of it. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Come on people, winning by default isn’t cool at all! Let’s see some more entries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I think most here don't get all wound up over detailing their Acadia. I know I don't. Run it through the car wash every couple of weeks, vacuum it every couple of months and call it good.

·
Super Moderator
20,120 Posts
I think most here don't get all wound up over detailing their Acadia. I know I don't. Run it through the car wash every couple of weeks, vacuum it every couple of months and call it good.
I won't even let the car wash people put tire shine on the tires!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I'm good with the polish and wax on our Acadia. Keep on top of it with wash and detail spray.
Satisfied how it looks. Plus, too much difference in cameras, skill of phtographer, lighting, angles, etc that would be used to determine how one might be shinier than another.
It's like people taking photos of their new 4K TV pictures and settings and posting them on forums or websites. Too many variables involved to objectively compare or see what is "best" or even how good or bad it is.
Not concerned or worried how our Acadia looks compared to others. Heck, when we go out and about or shopping, ours looks more shiny and well detailed than most other vehicles out there. Good enough for us. (y)

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
187 Posts
It’s all I got left to obsessively wash, my truck doesn’t move from the garage so it doesn’t get dirty (and it’s covered) and my other car is years away from being painted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The whole point of this was not to be the best of the best of the best. It was merely a fun exercise to get members involved in a fun activity. And I was going to send the winner free carpro products. But since you tight wads misinterpreted my good intentions, Gmc3 will get a real nice care package from me. To those that did not participate because they are lazy or worried it won't be good enough, thanks for ruining it for everyone else.

Perhaps more will participate when another user comes up with the idea.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ye-but... what's fun to one guy isn't necessarily to another. Washing and waxing my vehicles is something I don't mind doing, and I can get pretty nit-picky, but it is not what I would call fun.
So entering a comp, although seeing nicely detailed cars at a show perhaps, is probably just not most are worried about. Stolen from Seinfeld/real life: "It's not you, it's me" :)
On a good note, I do have a bottle of their bug spray on the way.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Awesome! You will love it.

Never said it needed to be waxed, polished, or ceramic coated. Just wash it like you would any other day, doing the best "you" can do, and sharing your work. The only competitor right now is gmc3 because I'm not even entered, I just shared my work for good measure.

At this point, and due to lack of competition, go to the dang car wash and take a pic after pulling out. It can't get much simpler.

Now, no excuses.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Haha. Maybe I should stop posting in this thread.
I do not take my car thru car washes, IIRC have only once in the 13 months I've owned it (winter). I usually wash it when the girls have gone to bed (dark out), then off to work in the morning.
Even if I wanted to compete... I'm in Canada. Any idea what it's like sending chemicals across the border? I do, you don't want to.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
GMC3 is in Canada also and I already got that covered. There are suppliers in Canada where I would buy a gift certificate from and give the winner the info. Shipping headache, solved!

I am sure more and more excuses will come out, its so reminiscent of street racing days where someone says they are faster yet they are low on fuel, they have a flat tire, they saw a cop out there, there girl would get mad, they have to be home for dinner, blah blah blah. Put up or shut up. But that is street racing, its cut throat out there. This is a forum, and I was merely trying to get members involved in a fun activity before winter set in.

GUESS THAT'S ASKING TOO MUCH...

·
Registered
909 Posts
I did some street racing (not smart, but did) over the years. Modified 350 LT1 4 speed Monza, '69 Cougar 351W HO lightly modded, lightly modded C5Z...
Back to the task, just saying I don't think most here are "into" this show and shine. Don't take it personally.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts