GMC Acadia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the month of September, the temps are cooling off considerably and it's now a more comfortable time to get those rides cleaned up!

Let's have a friendly competition amongst members. A Shine competition to showcase the products you use, how they work on your vehicle, and a chance to show off your ride and the work you put into it. The results will be voted on by the members with the overall winner announced on Thursday, October 1. There are some rules and any deviation will be a disqualification.

1) Vehicle can be cleaned by hand or car wash, but NO PRO WORK IS ALLOWED! (meaning you can't hire a detailer to come do it for you)
2) Before and after pics must be taken on the day the work is completed.
3) All products used must be listed in the description, including which wash was used for car wash entries.
4) "Enhanced" photos to increase gloss will not be allowed.
5) Up to 10 images of interior and/or exterior are allowed to be judged on so make it your best effort
6) Interior and Exterior photos are encouraged, don't be shy, be proud of what you have done
7) This is a friendly competition, keep it that way.

So the competition starts now and as soon as you have a nice day to get your vehicle cleaned up, get out and do it! Post the pics up here and I will keep a running tally through a poll.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
Right on brother! Sounds like fun. Inside and outside?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, if the person is able to. The judging will happen on whatever you post, so make it good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a cleaning question…what’s the best method for cleaning the inner fender liners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have a cleaning question…what’s the best method for cleaning the inner fender liners?
Bucket of water. . . some automotive car wash (or 409 , Fantastic for hardstuff). . a scrub brush or two.

Something like these - -
Scrub Brushes
Scrub Brush

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Generally an all purpose cleaner, its stronger than soap, and a long handle brush with stiff bristles IF they are plastic. If the liners are carpet, use a softer brush but same procedure. It also depends on what stain is there, such as tar, paint, etc.

This is the one I use - ChemGuys Long Handle

·
Registered
788 Posts
Wrek-it-Mike,
Is it possible that I drive the hour and a half to your house and just use your swag??

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a house somewhere?!?! Why the heck am I living in this apartment then?! lol

While it would be easier for me to drive there, for an initial cleaning, eventually you will want products of your own for cleaning the wife's car, daughter's car, your car, etc. But to showcase what I use and how I use them, that would be fine.

·
Registered
788 Posts
LOL!! i am going to start ordering this evening So the items will arrive in time.

·
Registered
2018 Acadia - Burgundy, 2 Row All Terrain
37 Posts
While I can't enter the competition for reasons you'll see in the following I am submitting this for those that might want a good chance of winning.
I purchased a used 2018 Acadia with 15K miles in June 2019. In July 2019 I purchased TORQUE DECON Soap (concentrate) and TOURQUE Detail Mirror Shine. Step 1 was to wash with the soap, 2 oz. per gal. and towel dry. Step 2 is to lightly spray on the Mirror Shine. Step 3 is to wipe it off with a microfiber towel. The process took less than an hour. The result has been OUTSTANDING. It is now 14 months later I I still haven't even had a need to wash the Acadia. Rain keeps it incredibly clean and the shine is solid. Water still beads when it rains On 2 occasions, following 1,200 mile trips I did hose it down and then wipe with a microfiber. I don't own or have any connection with the company. We now use it on all our vehicles and I am going to try it on a boat soon. This stuff is so easy to use and lasts! It's GREAT! JMHO

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can still enter. Just post a pic or two (up to 10) of when you think it looks its best. Then the other members will vote on it in October. If this stuff is as good as you say, let us see! What about the interior? Did they have anything made for that?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Washed the car this morning, took a break as it was to sunny and hot to continue with detailing and came out and found neighbour had washed her car for the first time this year, and of course my car was covered in water spots (Townhouse/shared driveway).
Guess I’ll have to try again next weekend.
Also found a stone chip in the process

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going to be super nice here this weekend, may do mine tomorrow. Won't even hit 70 degrees until 10am.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice! It’s supposed to rain for the next four days here, and almost 10 degrees tonight!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that a Canadian 10? Like Celsius? Otherwise, that's winter weather! 10 Fahrenheit isn't rain, that's ice and snow! How did the neighbors car come out? Should she enter? lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes 10 Canadian, it’s white and pretty sure she just rinsed it and that was it

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is some motivation from Mitch, another Canadian. A proven process to detailing that works every single time.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nice! It’s supposed to rain for the next four days here, and almost 10 degrees tonight!

We're having a bit of an extended summer. Tomorrow 30C (86 for you F people), but mid week going down to only 22 (72) high, and 8 (45) overnight, brr. No rain in sight.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.