GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well who would have known the my 2017 (bought last May) would have a shift to park issue? The DEALERSHIP! That’s who! I’m so mad they sold me that car knowing full well of its issue. Before buying the car, When I researched Acadias I didn’t see anything about it. Well supposedly, when I took it a month ago to have the issue fix at the dealership, the guy told me GM has a new shifter, etc to fix this! Great I thought, until 2 weeks after I get the car back and it’s doing it again. So they are going to have to fix it again. I could do this all day, but my warranty runs out next month. Then I’ll have to pay to have it fixed every month! GM SUCKS! Has anyone had it repaired and it fix the problem indefinitely?
3 times not fixed = lemon in Georgia. The warranty is on the new part, not the faulty one. Just holler if you me.😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well who would have known the my 2017 (bought last May) would have a shift to park issue? The DEALERSHIP! That’s who! I’m so mad they sold me that car knowing full well of its issue. Before buying the car, When I researched Acadias I didn’t see anything about it. Well supposedly, when I took it a month ago to have the issue fix at the dealership, the guy told me GM has a new shifter, etc to fix this! Great I thought, until 2 weeks after I get the car back and it’s doing it again. So they are going to have to fix it again. I could do this all day, but my warranty runs out next month. Then I’ll have to pay to have it fixed every month! GM SUCKS! Has anyone had it repaired and it fix the problem indefinitely?
CARFAX. I bought my Acadia new so that wouldn't have worked for me. I found out the hard way too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 2019 Denali has 21,000 miles on it. A couple weeks ago I parked it and got the error message, every week since then it's happened more often. Taking it in on Monday.

·
Registered
96 Posts
point of information. Once a vehicle has a repair done that repair is covered by a warranty for the next 12 mos or 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The thing is. . If you read the TSB . . . in order to do the latest fix with the micro switch/wire harness . . . the whole shifter has to come out.
Maybe the dealer is electing to just replace the shifter rather than take the shifter out, unfasten and pull out the original micro switch and wiring harness (plus the Park interlock solenoid) which is part of it.
IMO .. . the new TSB repair is more time consuming than just replacing the whole shifter. GM should perhaps have dealers send the shifter core back to have the new parts retro fitted at a facility.

Disconnecting, unclipping the 2 connectors from the shifter, carefully undoing the wire harness and fishing the new wires back into the proper place requires some dexterity.
If a tech with bratwurst size fingers has to do it . . . . good luck.

Here is the part(s) that needs to be removed for the latest TSB. . . harness with switch and solenoid.

Click On Picture to See Full Size.
Shifter Micro Switch Harness and Interlock Solenoid.jpg

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
IMO .. . the new TSB repair is more time consuming than just replacing the whole shifter. GM should perhaps have dealers send the shifter core back to have the new parts retro fitted at a facility.
Without a doubt more time consuming.

Prior versions of the TSB paid .6 hours of labor for the repair on an Acadia. The latest version pays 1.4 hours.

IMO, unless the shifter has been modified, swapping shifters does nothing but kick the can down the road for another 20k miles.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Without a doubt more time consuming.

Prior versions of the TSB paid .6 hours of labor for the repair on an Acadia. The latest version pays 1.4 hours.

IMO, unless the shifter has been modified, swapping shifters does nothing but kick the can down the road for another 20k miles.
Agree. . . unless the replacement shifter has that "new" micro switch and harness installed?

Frankly, unless the switch has been improved, or the over travel compression applying too much force onto the switch has been corrected, I expect to see this issue continue. But it does not appear so to me.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts