GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with Shift to Park Issue. If any one know the solution please let me know.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
A well known issue. Search this forum and you can find several threads on this issue as well as an easy work around if in a bind..

It has happened on my '18. The current dealer solution is to replace the shifter assembly.

The underlying issue is a faulty micro switch.

·
Registered
2018 GMC Acadia
5 Posts
There is a new TSB that came out in December 2020, they replace the micro switch and wiring harness. We had it done about a month ago and has been working fine.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is a new TSB that came out in December 2020, they replace the micro switch and wiring harness. We had it done about a month ago and has been working fine.
Do you have a copy of the TSB, or the number?

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
Do you have a copy of the TSB, or the number?
This is the latest TSB I could find on the 'net: 19-NA-206 - February, 2020 - Intermittent Shift to Park Message Displayed While Vehicle in Park. If there is one later than this, please post a link to it. I'm fairly sure you'll be able to find it because the NHTSA has been historically prudent with publishing updates.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Tanks for posting the latest TSB on this. A lot of fussy work just to replace a bad switch.
Wondering if GM actually specified a better switch. Guess owners will find out in the long run.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks for posting the latest TSB on this. A lot of fussy work just to replace a bad switch.
Wondering if GM actually specified a better switch. Guess owners will find out in the long run.
Interesting/curious there's a different part number for the switch for the '19 Acadia versus the '17 and '18.
I noticed that also. . . but may be the connected wiring harness that fits a particular shifter.
The TSB shows removing the whole wiring harness to the switch.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Interesting/curious there's a different part number for the switch for the '19 Acadia versus the '17 and '18.
Now you have me curious, do as many '19 owners have the same issue...?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I haven't so far. But have not driven a lot the past year. . . . for some reason.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
So far in 18 months I've clocked (just passed) 18,000 KM's, so ~11,200 miles, or an average of 12,000KM/year (7500 miles). I'd say that's bang on usual for me.
So I might be the test bunny here? My driving stayed the same except no trips. Work never changed, just not going anywhere, not that we went all that often anyway.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
Here is the PDF for the Dec 2020 revision of the TSB.
Good find, Dug. (y) It didn't show up in my 'quickie' search. Did see something about a change for the Volt in one of the results. This must be the one mentioned in that forum (no referenced info associated with it). Now, the thread jackers should get back to the topic. No one really cares about their personal issues.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Good find, Dug. (y) It didn't show up in my 'quickie' search. Did see something about a change for the Volt in one of the results. This must be the one vaguely referenced in that forum (no referenced info associated with it). Now, the thread jackers should get back to the topic. No one really cares about their personal issues.
It is a good find, and leads eventually to helping others down the road. So I don't see how any of the replies thus far could be considered thread jackers.
Can people not interject a tiny "I haven't driven as much this year..." as we discuss what years may be affected?

·
Registered
2018 GMC Acadia
5 Posts
Sorry for the late reply ! Glad to see that members have found the lasted TSB.
Haven't has an issue since the work was done. So maybe the new switch is better than original.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I just received the new shifter wiring harness with switch and solenoid.

I'll post a picture or two when I can get to it.

GM has chosen to replace the entire switch and park lock solenoid along with the respective harness for each rather than just a new switch that could be removed and soldered in.
As much work to replace the switch/solenoid harness as it was to replace the whole shifter. . . . or more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a problem with Shift to Park Issue. If any one know the solution please let me know.
Just replaced the switch, harness and cover. This is the second time for the switch and harness. I at least had it covered under my extended warranty before it expired.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts