GMC Acadia Forum banner

321 - 325 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
This issue is the main reason I ordered a 20 model as it got the electronic shifter. I really feel for all of you going through this, as it seems there really is no fix in sight.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This issue is the main reason I ordered a 20 model as it got the electronic shifter. I really feel for all of you going through this, as it seems there really is no fix in sight.
I believe there is a fix. It's pretty obvious the small micro switch in the shifter gets damaged contacts and then fails. Replacing with a more robust micro switch that can handle the circuit inrush current would likely help or resolve the issue. But GM, so far, has only chosen to provide an "inline" adapter to apparently reduce current and/or replace the entire shifter which contains the fialed micro switch.

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
The 2nd Gen Acadia (2017+) has always been equipped with an electronic gear selector - just now (2020) has it evolved to wholly push button.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I bought a new Acadia in April 2019. It will not acknowledge it is in park and turn off. Seems to me they should have fixed this.
There is a factory fix. A wiring harness adapter and/or replacing the whole shifter mechanism.
I do wish they would just source and install a more robust "Park" micro switch.
Which is the real problem since the switch contacts do not seem to be robust enough to handle the duty cycle or current load.

321 - 325 of 325 Posts