GMC Acadia Forum banner

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
They have my vehicle and said the estimated wait time right now is a month+. It’s frustrating that they know of this issue and are still selling affected vehicles. Good news is the newest bulletin on the issue states that replacing the shifter assembly is out- and only replacing a wiring harness (part 84733196) is in. Having a family car and 4 kids makes this even more stressing during soccer season. The dealer was a little perplexed too, bc they couldn’t shut off the vehicle either. They were shaking the shifter for almost an hour haha welcome to my world.

They offered a loaner for 3 days. And possibly longer based on these circumstances.
Just replaced wiring harness 4 days ago and today back to shift to park message.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just replaced wiring harness 4 days ago and today back to shift to park message.
On another forum, (Coloradofans) a similar issue causes the key to not be able to be turned off and removed. One owner has lifted up the shift stick boot and found the "Park" switch that is operated by a "bar" when the shift lever is moved to "Park". He has now cleaned the switch with a contact cleaner and is waiting to see if the problem returns.
It is his belief that it may be the switch contacts build up oxidation and then does not relay the signal to the BCM to indicate the driver has moved the shift lever to "Park".
If that is the case, then the problem is not the wiring harness or connections, but the switch getting oxidized, worn, or contaminated with something causing a lack of good contact.
Which may explain why some owners have been able to sometimes resolve the issue for awhile by "jiggling" the shift lever or moving in and out of Park a few times.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am new to this forum too and I have nothing but problems with my 2018 Acadia with only 10,323 miles on it, its been in the shop more than I drove it you can tell by the mileage I recently had a lawsuit against them which I got $10,000 and now it's back in the shop again I cant sell it because I owe too much but I will never ever again purchase another gmc vehicle even if it was given to me
Give us more details ... you bought this vehicle new (?), and how much did you pay for it (?), and then you sued who (?) and you were awarded $10,000 (?) based on what kind of case (?)

·
Super Moderator
18,623 Posts
Let's stay with the "Shift To Park" topic in any more discussions posted to this thread.

241 - 245 of 245 Posts