GMC Acadia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Then I read comments from divotdug that state "I disagree. No proof the part is defective, just subject to failure for some folks. Could well be some sort of user error related to possibly regularly slamming the shifter into park or not fully depressing the shifter trigger." No divotdug! I take care of my vehicle and handle it with care just like many Acadia owners. This is a manufacturer defect, not operator error! GMC should be held accountable and recall this issue.

Divotdug you also say "You of course realize the same corporate entity produced both your Acadia and your Equinox? There have been very few issues reported with the '18 Acadia. What have you read that would cause you think of getting rid of your vehicle after two months of ownership?" I really don't know where you are getting your "few issues reported with the '18 Acadia" statement from and who you really are to defend a defective manufacturer issue that has been going on for years and that it only takes a simple Google search to see that this is being reported by many '18 Acadia owners including me!

I've had issues with my '18 Acadia since day one. It started with poor quality with the cloth in my interior roof lining. It literally came down after the first week of having it. It took almost 2 months to get repaired. Numerous check engine lights that magically appear and disappear. Oh, and for some mysterious reason it the dealer says there is no record stored in the vehicle about these check engine lights.

I will never recommend a GMC to anyone! I support American made, but will have to look for another American made car in the future!

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
I will never recommend a GMC to anyone! I support American made, but will have to look for another American made car in the future!
Welcome to the forum.
Good luck with the other makes. "it only takes a simple Google search to see that" Ford, Chrysler, and others have had similar problems.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I really don't know where you are getting your "few issues reported with the '18 Acadia" statement from and who you really are to defend a defective manufacturer issue that has been going on for years and that it only takes a simple Google search to see that this is being reported by many '18 Acadia owners including me!
Who I am is someone that has owned an '18 Acadia for the last 18 months with zero issues. I doubt I am alone at having a such an outstanding vehicle.

So if a google search shows the '18 Acadia to be a horrid vehicle, why did you still buy one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess you can consider yourself lucky! It seems that many people are having problems with their Acadia's just like I am. Oh and I bought my 18 Acadia Denali brand new in November of 2017. I guess I've had mine for 22 months. Hopefully, you dont start having issues soon and change your opinion about a vehicle that looks great, drives beautifully but comes with serious engineering defects. GMC should pay you for being their spokesman...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my '18 Acadia back in March (pre-owned certified). It now has some 18,000 miles and at a about 16,000 the "shift to park" failure started to appear. On Saturday it took seven tries to shut vehicle off. Today it was four, three and three on three occasions. My dealer is attentive and emphatic but they tell me the part to repair is on back order and they have no idea when it will be delivered, worse I am behind three other owners with same problem. Why aren't parts available, it's not like this just came to GMC's attention yesterday?

J

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did any of you experience "battery saver" as a result? I started with the "shift to park" messages, and then my power steering shut down and ultimately my battery shut down. Was able to get the car started again with a jump, but it would not start up again after being shut off. The car is not even a year old, with less than 11k miles. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This message, "Shift into park" first appeared yesterday after driving a short distance, parking, shifting into "Park", and then exiting the car. The horn twittered when I closed the door and I couldn't lock the car with the handle button. Both keys were out of the vehicle and I was able to lock the car with the remote key. Batteries in the remotes are new. Two more stops and exiting with no trouble. Returned home, parked in the garage...no trouble. Then this morning my wife experienced the same problem. Couldn't lock the car when stopping, exiting with remote key, and attempting to lock the vehicle.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This message, "Shift into park" first appeared yesterday after driving a short distance, parking, shifting into "Park", and then exiting the car. The horn twittered when I closed the door and I couldn't lock the car with the handle button. Both keys were out of the vehicle and I was able to lock the car with the remote key. Batteries in the remotes are new. Two more stops and exiting with no trouble. Returned home, parked in the garage...no trouble. Then this morning my wife experienced the same problem. Couldn't lock the car when stopping, exiting with remote key, and attempting to lock the vehicle.
A fairly common issue apparently. Will need to get the new shifter installed. Many have done so.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Wouldn't you know it, we are leaving on a short trip Sunday and we live 50 miles from our dealer. I'll get in touch with them.
I know that feeling having to leave on a trip with and annoying "iffy" concern with a vehicle.
Here's hoping it will not act up too much while gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 GMC Acadia is about a year and half old with 46000 miles & I have been getting the shift to park message. After reading these threads I'm starting to thing a recall should be done. This is getting to be ridiculous. My dealer ship said its probably just a sensor & another told me it's a shift cable. I've always like GMC but seriously thinking of not dealing with this crap again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2018 GMC Acadia is about a year and half old with 46000 miles & I have been getting the shift to park message. After reading these threads I'm starting to thing a recall should be done. This is getting to be ridiculous. My dealer ship said its probably just a sensor & another told me it's a shift cable. I've always like GMC but seriously thinking of not dealing with this crap again.
I know that feeling having to leave on a trip with and annoying "iffy" concern with a vehicle.
Here's hoping it will not act up too much while gone.
I drove down to our dealer yesterday afternoon. Fortunately as I turned off the engine the "Shift to Park" message showed on the display and the horn chirped when i closed the door. I'd already spoken to the Service Tech before arriving so he smiled and said, "I see what you're describing." He told be a couple of other customers had the same issue and the remedy turned out to be replacement of the shifter.

The bottom line is the part is supposed to be delivered this morning and we can have it replaced this afternoon or Saturday morning. We'll still be able to depart Sunday. (I have a fly-fishing guide booked for early next week on the Yellowstone River. 😄)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all.... I'm new to this forum. About a week ago I started experiencing the "shift to park " message on my 2018 Acadia that has around 16,000 miles on it. It finally got to the point where I could not get the message and dinging sound to stop. As well, I could not lock my car doors from the outside of the car. I took it in to the dealer today and was told the part was on backorder for 2 to 3 weeks. Thank goodness they did not give me a hard time about fixing the problem. I've heard if we can't replicate the problem we can't fix it too many times. This is even after bringing in a video of the problem. After my husband had a heated conversation I was given a loaner. This is not the first time I've had problems with my Acadia. I'm ready to sell it. I will never buy another GM automobile!
I am new to this forum too and I have nothing but problems with my 2018 Acadia with only 10,323 miles on it, its been in the shop more than I drove it you can tell by the mileage I recently had a lawsuit against them which I got $10,000 and now it's back in the shop again I cant sell it because I owe too much but I will never ever again purchase another gmc vehicle even if it was given to me

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Can't tell much about the problems you've experienced from your post. Good luck to you with your replacement for the Acadia.

·
Registered
242 Posts
We had this issue as well fixed under warranty and it’s one of the reasons I purchased the extended warranty last month for it. I was on the fence on taking a bath on trading it in but we really do like it and the extended warranty makes me feel better about keeping it. We are good for another 5 years/60k miles. You can purchase an extended warranty after purchase.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I am new to this forum too and I have nothing but problems with my 2018 Acadia with only 10,323 miles on it, its been in the shop more than I drove it you can tell by the mileage I recently had a lawsuit against them which I got $10,000 and now it's back in the shop again I cant sell it because I owe too much but I will never ever again purchase another gmc vehicle even if it was given to me
Something doesn't add up. Have you checked to see how much CarMax or Carvana will give you for the vehicle?

·
Registered
329 Posts
We had this issue as well fixed under warranty and it’s one of the reasons I purchased the extended warranty last month for it. I was on the fence on taking a bath on trading it in but we really do like it and the extended warranty makes me feel better about keeping it. We are good for another 5 years/60k miles. You can purchase an extended warranty after purchase.
Who did you get your extended warranty from and who is the provider?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Who did you get your extended warranty from and who is the provider?
It’s a GMEPP warranty. I purchased it from Smith Chevrolet in Indiana as I had read they had the best deal on it. There’s a website they have where you can request a quote by providing some information about your vehicle including VIN and they will send you an email back with quotes for various warranty lengths.

201 - 220 of 248 Posts