GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,290 Posts
I found a couple different kits after searching the sonnax website. It SOUNDS like maybe that will fix my issue maybe but how do I know if I need to buy a new TEHCM or if the rebuild kit will be fine?
If you're confident in your DIY skills, you should know shortly after the first work is done. There is a bench testing procedure for making sure solenoids work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I've been doing some searching and it looks like this kit would cover everything (I added the TEHCM rebuild kit to it)
Are you familiar with this company? Look like. a good kit? I guess I may as well replace the timing components too while I have the motor and tranny out

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Does this seem like a sufficient kit for the timing? It looks like the primary issue is just the chain stretches but it's got 180k miles now so I'm kind thinking it woukdnt hurt to change everything else as well?

Engine Timing Chain Kit w/Chain Guide Tensioner Sprocket for Buick Enclave Lacrosse Cadillac CTS SRX Chevy Equinox Malibu Traverse GMC Acadia Replace # 9-0753S https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2XR43H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8kSuEbD5BCKA3

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Also I definitly feel like I should replace the torque converter when I do this job. Is there anything specific I need to know? Like are certain brands good or bad, can I just buy it from summit or autozone or amazon...etc. I'm really hoping to rip into this thing next weekend and i just want to have everything there.
Is it possible to just clean the torque converter enough?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts