GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
You'll find the shift solenoids are in the TEHCM. Lots of posts here about it. Also, some good write ups on the 'net. The TEHCM can be worked on without 'dropping the cradle.'

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow...ok I'm getting the p0700 code and p0756. Po756 comes up like 4 times. When I erase the codes everything goes away except one of the po756 codes. It says permanent. It slips out of gear sometimes and sometimes when you put it in gear it has to build up pressure for a couple seconds before itll engage. Kind of like its low on tranny fluid (its not). Sometimed if you can get it to go itll be stuck in 1st gear and it wont let me shift manually either

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Make sure it does not have too much tranny fluid if you happened to "top it off" along the line.
Too much can caused foaming and lack of fluid flow and be as bad as too little fluid.
The fluid level should be check with the fluid well warmed up. . . usually 140F to 190F is sufficient.
And check a repair manual as usually best to check while the engine is running and fluid is circulating and must be on a level flat surface. (y)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya know, I checked it today and noticed it was a little high. I think my wife added some. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Should it be in park or neutral?

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
Ya know, I checked it today and noticed it was a little high. I think my wife added some. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Should it be in park or neutral?
It should be in Park with the engine running and the transmission at, or near, operating temperature. This is straight from the '07 owner's manual (p 405 of the online version):
Checking the Fluid Level

Prepare the vehicle as follows:

1. Park the vehicle on a level place. Keep the engine running.
2. With the parking brake applied, place the shift lever in PARK (P).
3. With your foot on the brake pedal, move the shift lever through each gear, pausing for about three seconds in each one. Then, position the shift lever in PARK (P).
4. Let the engine run at idle for three to five minutes.

Then, without shutting off the engine, follow these steps: The transmission fluid dipstick cap has this symbol on it, and is located near the front of the engine compartment. See Engine Compartment Overview on page 396 for more information on location.

1. Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean rag or paper towel.
2. Reinstall back in all the way, wait three seconds and then pull it back out again.
3. Check both sides of the dipstick, and read the lower level. The fluid level must be in the crosshatched area.
4. If the fluid level is in the acceptable range, twist & lock dipstick cap in place.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I checked the fluid, per what was said on here, it seems to be at the very top of the hash marks. I would have to say that's not the issue. However, in all my searching of the forums here I remember seeing something about a plug on the front of the tranny or something like that which sometimes comes loose or corroded? Can anyone here clarify that for me since I cant seem to find the post now?

·
Registered
8,444 Posts
I remember a post on one of the wired in that connector coming loose or corrosion causing issues...

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
The post will likely be found by searching the forum using keywords "range selector." I don't recall any issues with the connector from TCM to ECM/PCM.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well after searching that, apparently that's what gives you the ability to shift manually....that doesnt work at all and hasn't since we've owned it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So just to clarify, on the 2007 SLT I CAN change the TEHCM from underneath without removing the motor and/or tranny? And does that have to be programmed? The build date is 5/07 if that matters

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
You don't have to drop the engine/trans to change the TEHCM. A new TECHM will have to be programmed for the vehicle. If you choose to just change the TEHCM's solenoid pressure switches (laminate disks), you won't need to have the TEHCM reprogrammed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it worth just changing the laminate disks ya think or should I just replace the whole unit? Kind of up in the air I guess. I'm not even sure how I would get it to the dealer to program it at this point

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
Where do I find this kit to rebuild the TEHCM?
Sonnax has the pressure switch replacement kits. Part number should be listed in another forum thread. Use search keywords like "sonnax," "pressure switch," and "laminate disk" to find it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found a couple different kits after searching the sonnax website. It SOUNDS like maybe that will fix my issue maybe but how do I know if I need to buy a new TEHCM or if the rebuild kit will be fine?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts