GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new member here and feel free to move if this is in the wrong spot, i have looked around this forum at the shift solenoid problem and didnt see where anyone has changed the solenoid out themselves so my question is has anyone with this problem done it yourself and have any info you can give me so i can get it changed, really dont wanna take it to GMC and have them fix it. Its a 2007 Thanks and sorry again if this is in the wrong thread please feel free to move.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Read reply #6 in this link and you should be able to start getting some real good idea of what has to be done, and what you may be able to do yourself. You can also search the other forums for additional information using some of the terms that are in the linked post. I know there have been pictures of the module on one if not several of the forums, I just don't remember which one(s).

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=12228.0

At one time I thought I had read that the 2007 or 2008 had to have the transmission dropped in order to access the module, where as the later models had it mounted in such a way you could remove just the module. Just throwing that out there for you to make sure your 2008 can be done easily once you do more checking. Hope I am wrong and am thinking of a different part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir, im still looking around getting everything in order to see where to go with this, i prefer fixing things myself (if i think i can do it after ALOT of research) to make sure it gets done right but if i gotta drop the tranny to get to it ill just have to take it to get it fixed haha but this is helping me find out more so i appreciate the input and help sir :cheers:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ismokerocks918 said:
thank you sir, im still looking around getting everything in order to see where to go with this, i prefer fixing things myself (if i think i can do it after ALOT of research) to make sure it gets done right but if i gotta drop the tranny to get to it ill just have to take it to get it fixed haha but this is helping me find out more so i appreciate the input and help sir :cheers:
In case you haven't come across it yet, here is the link to a free download of the factory service manual. You might get some use out of it! Safe to download and use, it's been posted on the various forums for a few years already.

https://mega.co.nz/#!zlFDEIJZ!lhEvdcmJL895CqO3HHkWfb1_8lGKFRajYnKT9Uac1i8

I just saw an old post that someone posted on, and reply #6 mentions about the transmission having to come out on the 2007 and 2008 models. The post is 2 years old so I don't know if there was ever any confirmation about that.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=14970.msg421425;topicseen#new

I forgot also that some of the failures were because of contamination getting into the module and plugging the screens or lines. A few times this was during the wave plate breaking or failure, or sometimes after the repair of the wave plate. Have you had any wave plate problems?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
With the information posted and the OP doing his research, we hopefully will hear about a successful TEHCM/TCM swap out soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to my knowledge the wave plates are fine. no funny noises and the car is running fine with the exception of the stuck solenoid, if the wave plates are broke i assume it will be very noticeable?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having an intermittent shift solenoid a stuck on problem. It happens more after it rains, and yes, I believe the trans needs dropped to do the job. So I will have to have the shop do it, but I don't want raped on both parts and labor if I can help it. Can anyone tell me where I can buy the shift solenoid myself to take to the shop along with me? I'm not ruling dirt out as an issue, but waveplate debris is def not an issue. My 07 came out as all time awd, before they changed to the version that slips into only front wheel at 35mph. I'm about 95% positive that is when they started having wave plate problems, because with 250k miles, I never has a waveplate problem. So I know it's not waveplate debris, anyway, I need to know where to buy the shift solenoid a, I can't find it anywhere, and about how many hours labor it should take to drop the trans and clean or replace the solenoid?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
jakebenson6669
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing