GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, nicked it up really more than wrecked it, but still.

We've had our Acadia less than a month and my wife already pinned the passenger side mirror up against the garage while backing out, shattering it. Ugh. FORTUNATELY, the damage seems to be limited to the mirror itself. But our Acadia is now (temporarily) disfigured. Not cool.

·
Registered
212 Posts
oh man sorry to hear that.

Even though it's classified as a midsize, it's a big vehicle (compared to our Honda Pilot). Backing up is all the more difficult.

I guess that answers my question. I always wondered (as I backed out of my garage) if the mirror can flex/fold/swivel in the opposite direction, should I accidently hit the garage door.

Funny we just bought our Acadia this past weekend. This morning I said good bye to the Acadia as the wife (7 months pregnant) drove it off to work.

hmmm maybe I should call and check in to see how the Acadia.. umm errr wife is doing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It DOES swivel in the opposite direction, which is what kept it from tearing off completely. The damage could have been a LOT worse. As it stands, it's really just some broken glass.

·
Registered
75 Posts
:eek:
Almost gave me a heart attack when I read the Subject line of this thread!!! Whew...at least it's not totalled...that would have been a bad waste of well-crafted beast. Lets try and stay away from those garage walls, wifey.... ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts