GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the '08 into the shop because I heard rattles from the back of the Acadia while stopped & the same noises while rolling as well.
Also heard popping type noises coming from the front, usually while making low speed turns. (similar to the ones I make when getting out of bed in the morning)
The good news is that the tech heard both noises, and the bad news is they need the vehicle until at least Monday, maybe later. They called the GM engineering to help and they still can't fix it. At least they gave us a Hummer to driver until the fix can be found! I may have to pull some tree stumps out of my yard while I have it.

I'm guessing the noise from the back to be the exhaust pipe vibrating...the front noise I have no idea. They said they may replace the strut next.
I searched this site and didn't find anyone having the same issues that were similar in nature, at least not recently.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Hummer? Nice loaner; probably an H3? Anyway; what strut are they talking about replacing?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The right front strut is what they were checking into Friday afternoon. My son tells me his Mom hits the curb with that wheel everytime they visit the eye doctor. :eek: Wonder what secrets of mine he let's out. ;)

H3 Hummer is what they gave us as aloaner since they can't sell many of them right now. Saw a pink Hummer [/color] with 22 inch rims on the way to the dealer, the write-up guy said they sold that and painted it for a lady who works at a "Gentleman's Club". Her license plate read "CANTBME" :eek:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Kids; gotta love em :thumb: I guess hitting that wheel enough times could cause some issues

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
Whatever you do, don't tell the dealer!!! >:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell the dealer what? :angel:

If we get the vehicle back on Monday it'll be a total of 46 days in the shop all together since it was new. :help:
We can't actually pick it up Monday, it's scrap booking & then soccer practice after school for child #2, child #1 has track practice & Boy Scouts. Other than the noises it performed perfectly on our 1500 mile vacation trip. With 30K on the odometer the dealership said our '08 SLT is worth $20 K for a trade in value. I had time to kill while waiting for the shuttle at the dealership, so I checked into it. They could put us in a similar (but brand new) '09 for $29,400.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Go for it; at least you know your warranty will be covered with an 09

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
What he said!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We bought an extended warrenty, so we're covered until 92K. But we'll see what happens next, I had to get the door opener and some other paperwork out of it Friday, I almost slipped the tech some money to have it "fall" off the hoist after I left. What is proper payment for a fax paux like that?

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
mrvids said:
We bought an extended warrenty, so we're covered until 92K. But we'll see what happens next, I had to get the door opener and some other paperwork out of it Friday, I almost slipped the tech some money to have it "fall" off the hoist after I left. What is proper payment for a fax paux like that?
When you find out, let me know. I'll dust off my wrenches!!! I could use the extra stimulus!

·
Registered
635 Posts
What I find interesting is that she hits the curb at the eye doctors! :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
khansen30 said:
What I find interesting is that she hits the curb at the eye doctors! :confused:
That's kinda funny... :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DUh? Why do you think she was at the eye doctors?!?!?!?! ;)
We're going on day four in the repair shop today. :help: But our son tells me Mom enjoys not having to slow down for the speed bumps while driving the Hummer. Hopefully they are real speed bumps and not pedestrians. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
mrvids said:
But our son tells me Mom enjoys not having to slow down for the speed bumps while driving the Hummer. Hopefully they are real speed bumps and not pedestrians. :eek:
They're not pedestrians, just Toyotas and Hondas, and Kias, and Hyundais....... ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After a week in the shop, the noise was traced to loose sway bar links, so those were replaced. While in the shop they noticed transmission fluid leaking from the torque converter cover, so they also replaced the torque converter seal. I think that takes us to about 50 days in the shop since it's purchase 18 months ago.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Better QA at Lansing could have prevented this from happening; 50 days in shop on 18 months ownership is a little much; compare that to other Acadia's that don't go to the shop because nothing is wrong :eek:hno:

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
Poor mrvids, your Acadia must have been built on Friday afternoon, just before the plant softball practice!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm guesing it was either built on "Take your kids to work day", or during deer hunting season when the QC folks were absent.

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
or the 'put the secretary on the line' experiment!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts