GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
buzz kill. Do you know for sure that you don't have a build date? I think I would call GM directly and bypass the dealer. Could it be the dealer is giving you bad info?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Get your order number and call GMC directly!!! I did and got information. The most frustating thing with the dealer was that they seemed to lack in keeping me informed. I felt like I could get better service on a $35 pair of shoes than I was getting on the $35,000 car I had ordered!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was there when salesman logged in , order # but no date of build . My wife ordered the white diamond paint , i read somewhere that it's on limited production

·
Registered
425 Posts
What is your status code? When I placed my order, I received an Order WorkBench sheet from my dealer the next day with the following information

It went into GM as 2000-Accepted by GM with a Priority of 7.

G

·
66 Stingray said:
I was there when salesman logged in , order # but no date of build . My wife ordered the white diamond paint , i read somewhere that it's on limited production
White diamond tri-coat is currently unavailable, and will be unavailable indefinitely.

You could change the color and get the vehicle you ordered, or look elsewhere.

I am not surprised your dealer didn't share this information if they don't have a good stock on the lot.

I would definitely explore other options and ask your dealership why they did not share this information, because I called all my white diamond customers two weeks ago to explain the situation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
colleencolandrea said:
66 Stingray said:
White diamond tri-coat is currently unavailable, and will be unavailable indefinitely.

You could change the color and get the vehicle you ordered, or look elsewhere.

I am not surprised your dealer didn't share this information if they don't have a good stock on the lot.

I would definitely explore other options and ask your dealership why they did not share this information, because I called all my white diamond customers two weeks ago to explain the situation.
Our WD-Tricoat was just built 8/14 and is in transit to OKC.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
66 Stingray said:
Placed Acadia order on july 5th , still don't have date of build. Time to come up with a new plan.
Something's not right here. We ordered a WD Tri-coat the exact same day (order was submitted while I was in the owner's office, small-town dealership). As I stated above, ours was built 8/14 and ours is intransit now.

G

·
pokesfan said:
66 Stingray said:
Placed Acadia order on july 5th , still don't have date of build. Time to come up with a new plan.
Something's not right here. We ordered a WD Tri-coat the exact same day (order was submitted while I was in the owner's office, small-town dealership). As I stated above, ours was built 8/14 and ours is intransit now.
Yeah, luckily some orders made it through. The way GM is phrasing it is that it is "on constraint". We have not heard as of yet why this is so. They can still be ordered that way, but with no estimate as to when they will be off constraint.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Color and certain options can greatly affect the delivery time.

When we picked up our Acadia, I was told by our dealer that a fully loaded Buick Lacert was ordered 2 WEEKS prior to ours and it still did not have a production date.

·
Registered
76 Posts
WD Tricoat is "on constraint" and has been for several months. The gist of it is that it is an "Ultra Premium paint" color and therefore does not run through the normal paint operations. It is a tricoat, and basically has to be painted thru several stages to achieve success. As such, from what I understand the factory basically paints those vehicles in larger order groups. For standard paint colors, they can run a carbon black metallic right after a summit white right after a gold etc. The WD are painted consecutively in groups. Plus, they are a $745 premium over standard colors.

I don't know that I completely understand why so many folks are ordering their Acadia's, unless there just is a limited supply in some of the smaller towns maybe. I just bought my 08 WD Acadia loaded with every option available in Atlanta, and my dealership had no less than 15 or 20 Acadia's on the lot, with all degrees of trim levels and optional equipment, including 5 WD tricoats (now 4) :), a couple with brick interiors, and numberous ebony and titanium interiors. Coupled with another 9 or 10 dealerships within 50 miles of me, your perfect Acadia is probably on the lot near me right now.

BTW, my Acadia was built on 8/6/07, shipped the same day, arrived in Atlanta on 8/17 and I bought it on 8/18. If you don't want to wait for an order and are willing or able to travel to Atlanta, I'll be I could locate your vehicle in 30 minutes (no, I do not work for a dealership or sell cars for a living). Send me a message and I will be glad to try to help you get exactly what you want. :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
The dealer I purchased our Acadia from in Albany, NY cannot keep them on the lot. They literally have customers that come on delivery days to purchase Acadia's that are not pre-ordered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Even though I have an Outlook on order (with White Diamond Tri-Coat) I have been reading this Acadia forum also. (Hope that is all right with you guys, after all we are cousins).
This thread made me nervous. My order was excepted on 8/3, then I changed the color and interior to the WD w/ tan leather on 8/10. Dealer said it would delay it two weeks. He had three WD Outlooks on the lot and I fell in love with the color so I figured 2 more weeks would be fine. Then after reading this thread I was imagining not getting it till Christmas.
Anyway, after reading this thread I e-mailed the link to him yesterday. He replied this morning saying basically the same thing as rockedaway. He added that confirmed orders get moved ahead of orders for dealer stock.
He also said my status was 3400 as of today and is scheduled to be built next week.

Yahooooo!

·
Registered
71 Posts
rockedaway said:
I don't know that I completely understand why so many folks are ordering their Acadia's, unless there just is a limited supply in some of the smaller towns maybe. I just bought my 08 WD Acadia loaded with every option available in Atlanta, and my dealership had no less than 15 or 20 Acadia's on the lot, with all degrees of trim levels and optional equipment, including 5 WD tricoats (now 4) :), a couple with brick interiors, and numberous ebony and titanium interiors. Coupled with another 9 or 10 dealerships within 50 miles of me, your perfect Acadia is probably on the lot near me right now.
We ordered ours because we didn't want to pay for stuff we didn't want (not that there was a lot we didn't want) and we wanted to keep the price as low as possible. Our dealer didn't have any on their lot for a few weeks after we ordered ours. They have one right now.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I talked to the dealer last evening , it still has not moved , he asured me that it would be built in a reasonable amout of time. Small town dealer , that I have bought many cars and trucks from. I don't know how GM decides who's get built and who's get's pushed back. But I do know there are alot of car makers out there and brand loyalty works both ways

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered ours on July 13th, no build date.

Also, the salesman said that the dates are updated from GMC on Tuesday nights, so check with him every Wednesday. Is this true?

We also ordered ours so we didn't have to pay for some of the ridiculous options that we don't want. In the past couple months (2 dealerships) I have only seen mostly loaded models, or SLE's with nothing in them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
66 Stingray...Do you have a status code? Was it accepted by GM and at status code 2000? Or have you not even made it to that level yet?

I'm getting ready to go onto week three...and mine is still at 2000 with a priority of 7. I'm not in too much of a hurry though to receive mine since the 3rd kid isn't set to arrive until the end of January.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's a 2000 code it was excepted right away, then hasen't moved since. Sad part is I don't know if we will have a build date in another 8 weeks. i haven't checked since last Friday . I'm ready to buy something else. These are nice cars , but not sure if I will like them in long run. My wife has a Denali now and it's the best car we ever had.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ordered my Silver SLT-2 with brick leather, sun roof and rear DVD on June 18th, after waiting until early August with no news from the dealer decided to call GMC directly with the order number. GMC, to their credit, was very helpful, I was told the truck was scheduled to start being built on August 13th. Got a call from my dealer late last week that the truck is built and shipped. I ordered mine because I couldn't find any that was equipped the way I wanted it and the ones on dealer lots at the time was all fully loaded with stuff I don't want to pay for. In hindsight I probably could have waited and gotten an 08 from a dealer's lot with the amount of time I have waited. Apparently in the N.E. the Acadias are either selling like hotcakes or the dealers are not ordering enough of them. Either way expect a wait of 11-12 weeks at least for a custom order.

Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mike,

Are you saying you just got an O7 delivered in August that you had ordered? Wow...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts