GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving to work the other day and while on the highway, my lights randomly came on and I noticed a change in the way my engine was performing along with a jerking feeling. The reduced engine power warning did not appear(thank god). I am wondering what this could be and what I can do on my own to look for source of problem?

Driving a 2015 Acadia Denali AWD

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
No engine light on! I'm gonna take it to get scanned tomorrow will update!
In the meantime, check the brake fluid and engine oil levels. Low fluid levels in the engine and brakes can set off those warnings and cause the engine to misbehave.

Reactions: John_K

·
Registered
407 Posts
When you say "my lights randomly came on" ... you mean Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights, correct ... (as the title seems to indicate)? (not headlights).

If so, then isn't this just a simple Wheel Speed Sensor, or a cracked magnetic ring on the Hub that the sensor reads? Pretty common problem ... especially on a 7-year old vehicle.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
When you say "my lights randomly came on" ... you mean Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights, correct ... (as the title seems to indicate)? (not headlights).

If so, then isn't this just a simple Wheel Speed Sensor, or a cracked magnetic ring on the Hub that the sensor reads? Pretty common problem ... especially on a 7-year old vehicle.
Could be, but my understanding is the Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights are prone to light up when most any trouble code is set. They want to get your attention.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

Agree that the "Stabilitrack/Traction Control" message is kind of a catch all indication for a wide range of issues.
Is why it is so necessary to have it scanned for any permanent or pending codes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I was driving to work the other day and while on the highway, my lights randomly came on and I noticed a change in the way my engine was performing along with a jerking feeling. The reduced engine power warning did not appear(thank god). I am wondering what this could be and what I can do on my own to look for source of problem?

Driving a 2015 Acadia Denali AWD
its probably the motor assist on the steering column... change column...

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
its probably the motor assist on the steering column... change column...
The Lambda platform Acadia doesn't have electric power steering assist. Additionally, the C1XX platform has rack assist electric power steering - not column assist.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you running with the original battery? Have your battery load tested before doing anything else. Sometimes an aged battery will announce itself with weird random appearing trouble codes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I just had the same thing happen to me and was wondering if you found out what it was? I keep reading about a brake pedal position sensor but wanted to ask here anyway?
my brake pedal sensor was just replaced and it solved the issue. I was getting code C0161 as an error but amazingly the GMC dealership didn't bother to go into the ABS codes so never saw it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my brake pedal sensor was just replaced and it solved the issue. I was getting code C0161 as an error but amazingly the GMC dealership didn't bother to go into the ABS codes so never saw it.
Nice! Appreciate the response! I bought the sensor and it will be here tomorrow. Figured it was cheap enough to try wether it worked or not.

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Nice! Appreciate the response! I bought the sensor and it will be here tomorrow. Figured it was cheap enough to try wether it worked or not.
Be sure to calibrate the BPP sensor. Members have run into continued issues when they didn't do that. Many scanners have a BPP sensor calibration function.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts