GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Acadia SLT- I was receiving the dreaded Service Stabilitrak, traction control messages. I replaced the brake position sensor.
Now, 1. Still have dash messages. 2. ABS light is on. 3. Check Engine light on. 4. Have code P057c
I ensure the electrical plug is in. Disconnected both negative and positive side of battery. let the connectors kiss.

At a loss, pleas help trying to save a trip to dealership

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
OK! Which code is it? You've mentioned 2 of them - one in the thread title and a different one in the post.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
From the few sites I've scanned through on the 'net, it seems the code is GM-specific. Couldn't find anything concrete about how to resolve the problem if the code continues to set after the brake pedal position sensor is replaced. Looks like it will entail a trip to someone with a scan tool who has intimate knowledge of the system - your choice between dealer, or outside shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the few sites I've scanned through on the 'net, it seems the code is GM-specific. Couldn't find anything concrete about how to resolve the problem if the code continues to set after the brake pedal position sensor is replaced. Looks like it will entail a trip to someone with a scan tool who has intimate knowledge of the system - your choice between dealer, or outside shop.
Some updates: replaced old brake position sensor and p057c code went away.
New information. when ServiceStabilitrak message is on my brake lights are one. I can pull up the brake pedal a smidge and the brake lights go off. Does this symptom provide any new solutions?

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Some updates: replaced old brake position sensor and p057c code went away.
New information. when ServiceStabilitrak message is on my brake lights are one. I can pull up the brake pedal a smidge and the brake lights go off. Does this symptom provide any new solutions?
Could be the sensor needs to be adjusted properly (e.g. 'programmed' to the car's other control modules). Some folks have taken it to a dealer's service center for that work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Last week, I replaced my brake pedal position sensor and the problem was worse, the stabilitrak message would come on almost instantly as soon as I hit freeway speeds, and the engine kept pulsing.
Dealer tech used scan tool to initiate brake pedal position sensor relearn procedure, and also the brake fluid pressure sensor relearn procedure.
They charged me the full $154 diagnostic estimate. If I knew exactly what to ask for, I would've been given an estimate for those procedures only, instead of being taken for some random amount.
All is honky dory for me now, but it was frustrating to change out the sensor and have the problem exacerbated, then pay tenfold the value of the sensor for recalibration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
psychoknightx
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing