GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2015 Denali when I turn on blind spot monitoring I get this on my screen when driving. Anyone know how to fix or what may be wrong?

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Search the forum with these keywords - "Service side detection system" - and you'll see what others have had to do about the problem. There is an SCA issued by GM for your Acadia. They'll repair it for no charge to you if your vehicle meets the criteria. Here's a description of the SCA:
#N172097060: Special Coverage Adjustment - Side Blind Zone Alert Module Water Intrusion - (Apr 1, 2019)
Some 2013-2017 GMC Acadia (Limited) vehicles, may have a condition where the Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA) modules may fail or malfunction due to water intrusion. The driver may experience a side blind zone alert message displayed on the driver instrument cluster (DIC). If this message is ignored, the condition could result in the corruption of LS GMLAN that may result in the loss of some driver interface functions such as cluster, infotainment / displays, chime, and passenger presence detection (passenger airbag could be suppressed, w/airbag TT, DIC message). This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 6 years or 80,000 miles (130,000 krn), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Reactions: Ryanmalott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked on the NTSB site and it shows no recalls. Is there something to say that is really the cause for this?

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
I looked on the NTSB site and it shows no recalls. Is there something to say that is really the cause for this?
It's not a recall - an SCA is a focused extension of warranty for a particular problem which may arise. This has been determined to be the most common problem for SBZA failures. If your vehicle qualifies, take it to a dealer and have their service center do the repair. You'll either have to pay for the repair, or turn the SBZA system off should your vehicle not meet the SCA time/mileage provisions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts