GMC Acadia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used the “search engine” came back with 188 results. I do not have the time to respond 188 times to threads that are severely outdated and unmaintained! I wish someone else would of given me this info a year ago and 20k miles when it was first diagnosed and fell into the criteria of their “Extended Warranty”! I figured the best route was to start a new thread to provide info that is current and updated that will appear at the top of the list when someone does use the search function! Thank you for pointing Out a search function for the next time though!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds reasonable to me . . .
I used the “search engine” came back with 188 results. I do not have the time to respond 188 times to threads that are severely outdated and unmaintained! I wish someone else would of given me this info a year ago and 20k miles when it was first diagnosed and fell into the criteria of their “Extended Warranty”! I figured the best route was to start a new thread to provide info that is current and updated that will appear at the top of the list when someone does use the search function! Thank you for pointing Out a search function for the next time though!
Sounds reasonable to me .. .

Possibly a good amount of dielectric grease on the connector to the module might help? Or some other measure to prevent water from entering the module?

·
Super Moderator
19,001 Posts
Speleos, is the search engine broken again? :devilish:
Not at all. Merged all the recent threads about the topic here - and there were several on which members posted today. All the information anyone could want about the Service Side Detection System message, including GM's recent SCA, is in the pages of this thread.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I found the same. . lot's of threads regarding this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you speleos! A year ago when the problem first presented for me the info was so sporadic. No one had an actual clue what was going on! Some had speculations. I just wanted to make sure the info was out there to help someone that might benefit. My local dealer has 10 in line before me. That’s just one authorized dealer out of thousands, so it’s a pretty big issue. It should have truly been a recall rather than an “Extended Warranty” but I of course didn’t get to make that call! These “smart” cars as I like to call them are awesome and convenient but when something in the electrical system starts to get wonky it can be hard for a DIY’er to get to the bottom of it!

·
Super Moderator
19,001 Posts
seaprincess
A recall would have also involved every car equipped with the system. Many owners haven't experienced a problem with it. Imagine delays at the dealer from the flood of people rushing in for a free fix on something which isn't broken. The Side Detection system isn't a product safety issue. It's an optional 'tech toy' people only think they need. GM was generous to extend the warranty through their SCA program. Electronic gadgets aren't made to last forever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely agree! The husband and I have electrical backgrounds. Nothing lasts forever! I like to say technology is a blessing and curse! Sometimes it can be pretty challenging to follow a fault. In cars, without the right equipment and honestly even with the right equipment it can be an adventure. Some have experienced shut downs in the middle of driving from the bad signals being thrown. That is a more extreme symptom but it has happened. The week before I had it diagnosed I was accelerating after a stop light and my car began violently shaking I had to pull over. The dash went out and when I went to start it it took a couple of times for it to turn over. When I finally got a diagnosis they said the signal it was throwing was draining my battery. So it def is a luxury item but at the same time the design and application has a major flaw. Anyone who works with electronics knows exposure to the elements is a recipe for disaster. We all spent a lot of money on the Acadia it isn’t a cheap car. All we ask is that they do right by our hard earned money! Will it happen not always they are there to make money to not loose it! But one can hope humanity still has a hope!

·
Super Moderator
19,001 Posts
If it's any comfort to you, seaprincess, you'll find GM isn't the only car maker facing this problem. They must share module producers with Mercedes, Chrysler, and others. Some of their customers are facing similar issues.

p.s. Hope for humanity is in a downward spiral. Technology will take over soon enough. Then, robots will rule the world. All that will happen before the next asteroid strike destroys everything as we know it. Who knows? Maybe a super volcano will wipe things out first. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
19,001 Posts
p.p.s. I can't wait 'til you see the post where one member says a faulty power window switch caused the car's running problem ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Speleos I am hoping for a Zombie Apocalypse!!!!🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

It astounds me how some people have no idea about cars? How in the world can you drive a 40+ thousand dollar vehicle and not know at least the basics???? That is why service shops stay in business for sure!

Another problem popped up on the dang Acadia that’s next on my list to troubleshoot the air conditioning went out on me of course during the hottest part of summer non the less! 🥵

This is our second Acadia and at 100k it starts nickel and diming you! Might be time to upgrade again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
rommel per my understanding it is a pretty widespread problem and there are waiting lists. Supposedly roll out of the next lot of parts is the end of the month! And further direction on fixing the problem so it doesn’t re occur! Unfortunately I am a commuter, and mom chaffeur so my current mileage exceeds the extended warranty 😒! I have a ticket in with GM and the dealership rep is trying to work something out because I do have proof of issues when mileage was within the perameters so I’m hopeful but not holding my breath. The part is only a few hundred but a dealership quote will be somewhere in the 1200 dollar range. They soldered the contacts for me so that it wouldn’t throw bad signals but i unfortunately have a permanent warning light on my side mirrors along with no working rear assist!

·
Registered
12 Posts
rommel per my understanding it is a pretty widespread problem and there are waiting lists. Supposedly roll out of the next lot of parts is the end of the month! And further direction on fixing the problem so it doesn’t re occur! Unfortunately I am a commuter, and mom chaffeur so my current mileage exceeds the extended warranty 😒! I have a ticket in with GM and the dealership rep is trying to work something out because I do have proof of issues when mileage was within the perameters so I’m hopeful but not holding my breath. The part is only a few hundred but a dealership quote will be somewhere in the 1200 dollar range. They soldered the contacts for me so that it wouldn’t throw bad signals but i unfortunately have a permanent warning light on my side mirrors along with no working rear assist!
Yeah, the warning lights on my side mirror is always on, rear symbols or warnings wont work, now the front camera is not working...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I HAVE HAD MINE FIXED!!

Free of charge. Took little over 3 hours. Was first Acadia that they have done. Whole system seems to be operating correctly now. No questions asked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone else had issues with their Blind spot detection system. Every time I start my vehicle I get a warning on my display that says "Service side detection system". The indicators in my mirrors will not come on when a vehicle is on my side or the passenger one will always be on. I've had the vehicle in 4 time and had a module replaced twice. It works for 2 weeks then I get the warning again. Crappy dealership near me does not seem to be able to fix it or care. Starting to think I have a lemon.
last i heard this is on recall so just bring it to a dealership, my acadia had a whole software shutdown from this issue.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
last i heard this is on recall so just bring it to a dealership, my acadia had a whole software shutdown from this issue.
delaneyblue was last seen here 4 years ago. You most likely will not get a response.

There was no recall on the blind side detection system. There was a special coverage offered for 6 years or 80k miles, and if I recall correctly, it was VIN specific. Those impacted would have received a special coverage letter from GM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So after almost 8 months of waiting... my dealership said that the parts for my acadia is still not available... im losing my patience now, im having more problems now since the sensor broke down...

141 - 160 of 165 Posts