GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 GMC Acadia Denali. So out of the blue, after visiting a Walmart on a rainy day, my service park assist light went on. Never had any electrical issues prior. I figure someone hit a sensor so hard with a cart that it stopped working. Only issue is I don't know which one is defective. So my first question is, any way to figure out which is defective prior to ripping off the whole bumper, second my suv has front and rear sensors, so imagine u take off the bumper and then figure it it's the wrong bumper???!! Any ideas how to narrow down the search for the defective sensor front or rear and which one? I've seen some you tube videos on testing them by the clicking noise but out of all eight sensors I hear no noise at all.
thoughts? ideas?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What happens when you cover a single sensor. If it produces a message then cover each one in turn. The one that does not produce a message/signal is the bad one.

George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. This is correct. Rear when in reverse and front when In Drive. Neither work or make any noise when in drive or reverse respectively. The system itself. Appears to have shut down. I am wondering if I can reset it manually without a dealer computer to see if it errors again.

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
... I am wondering if I can reset it manually without a dealer computer to see if it errors again.
Best you can probably do is turn them off/on in the vehicle personalization settings, or with console buttons. For sure the dealer's service tech can find out what's wrong and repair it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have the manual on how to remove front and rear bumpers? Pointers will be great too. I'm going to change them all. First rear then doing the front to try to fix the problem

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
Anyone have the manual on how to remove front and rear bumpers? Pointers will be great too. I'm going to change them all. First rear then doing the front to try to fix the problem
Collision repair manuals are available online by subscription if no one steps up to help you. It shouldn't be real difficult to do if you're mechanically inclined. It will just take time - estimate about 2 hours each end for R&R of the bumpers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts