GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
No I didn’t lol but still it’s information for all
It's October 14 2019 and I'm reading all these information about electric drain of from battery of an Acadia. I have an Acadia 2010 with the same problem.
My Acadia has electric issues on the driver side door, the horn stoped unespletaby, the passenger and driver side mirrows stop responding.
This old information now has given me a clue to pin point the problem.

·
Super Moderator
19,055 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Glad you find the information helpful. Let us know if/when/how you find a resolution to the problem.

·
Banned
614 Posts
It's October 14 2019 and I'm reading all these information about electric drain of from battery of an Acadia. I have an Acadia 2010 with the same problem.
My Acadia has electric issues on the driver side door, the horn stoped unespletaby, the passenger and driver side mirrows stop responding.
Hope you find the cause(s). It does seem that with all the wiring and connectors cars seem to develop more electrical issues these days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
golbinslayer, do you realize that you responded to a post that's almost 4 years old?
Who cares how old the post is? I'm having the same issue on my 2015 and here hoping to find answers. GMC needs to fix this, recognize the issue and issue a recall because it's a pretty popular issue and these Acadias and those similar makes are evidently notorious for it.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Who cares how old the post is? I'm having the same issue on my 2015 and here hoping to find answers. GMC needs to fix this, recognize the issue and issue a recall because it's a pretty popular issue and these Acadias and those similar makes are evidently notorious for it.
Not hard to find new members replying to ancient posts, expecting an answer from someone last seen years ago. It is sometimes useful to point out that info.

Just because something is a "popular" issue doesn't mean it merits a recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We did something extraordinary to momentarily fix the problem while we find the right electromecanic who knows the the problem. I installed on the back of the GMC two batteries 975 cca in series as power supply\support hook to a 12 feet jumping cables so the system always keep 12+ volts. And unplug the the negative cable when the car is parked for the day. I works and we'll been doing this for the last 5 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ti2ink - I'm sort of confused about what you said here: "I installed on the back of the GMC two batteries 975 cca in series as power supply\support hook to a 12 feet jumping cables so the system always keep 12+ volts."

Can you please give some detail, like you connected them in series? As in connected (ground ->battery -> battery -> fuse block/starter/alternator connection)? Batteries in series add the voltage so as I read this, you applied a total of 24v to the car.

You must mean connected in parallel so battery capacity is doubled and volts stay at 12. But even if this is so, you must have a huge parasitic draw on the battery to have to go through that to make it until next start. And do it for 5 months. Whoa. I guess you gotsa do what you gotsa do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ti2ink - I'm sort of confused about what you said here: "I installed on the back of the GMC two batteries 975 cca in series as power supply\support hook to a 12 feet jumping cables so the system always keep 12+ volts."

Can you please give some detail, like you connected them in series? As in connected (ground ->battery -> battery -> fuse block/starter/alternator connection)? Batteries in series add the voltage so as I read this, you applied a total of 24v to the car.

You must mean connected in parallel so battery capacity is doubled and volts stay at 12. But even if this is so, you must have a huge parasitic draw on the battery to have to go through that to make it until next start. And do it for 5 months. Whoa. I guess you gotsa do what you gotsa do.

I think I ain't explain it well. But you right. Tire of every day jumping starting my 2010 Arcadia I placed a single battery on the back of the car and hook a jumping cable to negative and positive and the other two ends to the car battery posts located under the rear seats center floor carpet.
I just added two more batteries in series but still 12 volts as you said, just because one last 3 months and 3 probably a lot of more .
I don't know what is causing the battery drowning power after parking the Acadia.
Battery is good, alternator is good, it gotta be something else that thousands like me don't have a clue.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts