GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my Acadia tonight, and the DIC says "Service AWD" I checked the owners manual, and says to stop engine, wait 30 seconds and restart. The light stayed on, but about after stopping for about 30 minutes I restarted and the warning did not come back.

Is there a problem with the AWD or is this just saying I need to have it serviced(i.e. Fluid change)? I only have 23K miles on my 2008 Acadia.

Anyone had this happen to them yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How cold was it when you got the message? I have had this message a couple of times in the last week and a half. Both times it was about 20 below 0. I attributed it to the super cold weather. It went away so I did not call for service yet. I didn't think that they could do much unless the message stayed on constantly. The traction control system is working, I know because I got the message displayed.

I only have 9700 miles on my 2008 Acadia that I have had almost 13 months.

Anyone else? I am wondering also.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was about 14 degrees out when mine went on. It was icy out too though. I think I will call service and ask them today. But those morons at the dealer will say "come in" then tell me there were no codes, wasting my entire day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nanc55 said:
Let me know what you find out.

I haven't seen the message for a few days now. :confused:
I called the GMC dealer and he thought since the light went off it may have been a fluke thing, (weather and all) sounded like I was not the only complaint. He said they would be willing to scan it, but thought If It was off, there was no problem. So I decided to take the wait and see approach. If it comes on again, I will take it in. I really did not feel like driving all the way to the dealer to hear there was no code in the system.

·
Registered
92 Posts
"Service AWD" warning light has come on twice. The first time six months ago (2008 one year old 01Nov08) shut engine off for 90secs and the warning message did not reappear until today. (0 degrees F) I did not want to stop for the suggested 90 sec shutdown, continued and hit the check reset button, warning "service AWD" disappeared and did not return.... I plan no further action. :cheers: Happy New Year :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I plan no action at this time either.

Our cold spell is starting to break up. It is supposed to be above zero today and tonight. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same here. Temp was 8F and the Service AWD appeared in the DIC. I drove it for a whole noticing it was not in AWD for the first few minutes as the front wheels were slipping. After a few miles all seemed normal again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts