GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light went on yesterday. After shut off and restart, nothing changed & still on today.
I read on the board that someone jumped his vehicle and blew a few fuses, including the Service Airbag.
Fuse? Sensor?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I got that message too on a very cold day.

The dealership reflashed the Airbag module in the vehicle - apparently, there was some variety of update for it.

All's well now!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
dmurphy said:

The dealership reflashed the Airbag module in the vehicle - apparently, there was some variety of update for it.

All's well now!
You should have received word about the sensor from GM; as long as you were the original owner. I bought mine used and took it in for some minor repairs and they had the parts ready for the sunroof recall that I was unaware of.

·
Registered
427 Posts
jsimms said:
dmurphy said:

All's well now!
You should have received word about the sensor from GM; as long as you were the original owner. I bought mine used and took it in for some minor repairs and they had the parts ready for the sunroof recall that I was unaware of.
Depends on the model year/VIN sequence.

Thankfully, our Acadia (built 3/27/08) missed most of the recalls - the wipers, the heated washer fluid, etc. Not sure we were subject to the recall or not, but so far the problem hasn't reoccurred.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You're right; that one was year/VIN specific; I stand corrected.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is off today. It was not as cold as yesterday, I wonder......... hmmmm
taking it in just to check it out as soon as I could.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
BrickLover said:
it is off today. It was not as cold as yesterday, I wonder......... hmmmm
taking it in just to check it out as soon as I could.
I would take it in and see if it qualifies for the reflash; I don't like safety equipment that isn't working properly or acting up as yours seems to be doing. Better safe than sorry

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just had a similar issue with our early build 08 Enlcave. I took it in and it was repaired per the following:

Work order says "RE-ROUTE SIR SEAT HARNESS PER T.S.B. 08-09-41-011A. CLEARED CODE."

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same problem on my 08 Acadia, and all it was is the harness under the seat that the connection came loose. Secured it in place and works fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had this same error show up! Two of the reasons/solutions people have mentioned are both plausible with mine since yesterday i detailed the entire car which involved moving the seats back and forth which may have loosened a connection under the seat, and also had to jump start a stretch limo which may have blown a fuse. The funny thing with the limo was that in the bay beside me i could see the back of a car poking out the back bay door and the front of a car poking out the front bay door and at first i actually thought the guy was washing two cars in the same bay... nope, just one really long one. All i could think when jumping his car was good luck trying to track down which accessory is draining the battery in that bad boy.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You may or may not need an airbag module reflash, but I would definitely take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My service air bag has also been going off once in a awhile, but not steady. I didn't even think to see if it was related to the cold.

I will be taking mine in soon, but I am waiting to see when the part for my Nav system comes in. The Nav went out (system read error) some time ago and they say the part needed is back ordered. All else works fine (CD, DVD etc.) so it's just the Nav.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
alvam said:
My service air bag has also been going off once in a awhile, but not steady. I didn't even think to see if it was related to the cold.

I will be taking mine in soon, but I am waiting to see when the part for my Nav system comes in. The Nav went out (system read error) some time ago and they say the part needed is back ordered. All else works fine (CD, DVD etc.) so it's just the Nav.
Curious; what did they order for the Nav system

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I have this problem with the 'service airbag' message for the second time...the first time lasted three days and then went off.(Back to normal) Now, two weeks later the message comes back on. I never thought of checking the wires under the seat. The kids always move things under the seats, so this could be the cause. Thnx....

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
cometgt said:
Yes, I have this problem with the 'service airbag' message for the second time...the first time lasted three days and then went off.(Back to normal) Now, two weeks later the message comes back on. I never thought of checking the wires under the seat. The kids always move things under the seats, so this could be the cause. Thnx....
Have you taken it to the dealer; the module may need to be reflashed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My service airbag light has been coming on and off for the last year on my 08 Acadia! We have taken it to the dealer twice and now it is back for the third time! They have replaced the chip twice and the actual airbags once. They have no idea what they are going to do this time. :banghead:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi all,

I have an 09 Acadia about 2 weeks old and the "service airbag" message came on today while I was on a business trip of about 200 total miles. I took it to my local dealer right away. They said it needs a part that is coming in Friday. They also showed me a GM memo about electronic devices affecting some airbag lights. The other funny thing is my set up bluetooth phone started acting up at the same time the "service airbag" message started showing up. I did redo my phone and all is ok for now. The airbag message was intermittent all day. I plan to have the dealer service it next week. I will let you know what they find with mine. Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
There is a TSB to correct this issue, but it's VIN specific and I think build date specific. Sounds like your dealer ran down the info and everything should be corrected once they get if fixed

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
zman said:
I just had a similar issue with our early build 08 Enlcave. I took it in and it was repaired per the following:

Work order says "RE-ROUTE SIR SEAT HARNESS PER T.S.B. 08-09-41-011A. CLEARED CODE."

Hope this helps.
Just had the warning light come on yesterday in my 08 Acadia.
Took it in today, and they had "trouble code B0014 stored in system. Found TSB 09-09-41-011B pertaining to code found. Found stress on harness in question, rerouted per bulletin"

The bulletin for mine had a "B" at the end, guess it is a slight update from the old one 011A

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Just had the warning light come on yesterday in my 08 Acadia.
Took it in today, and they had "trouble code B0014 stored in system. Found TSB 09-09-41-011B pertaining to code found. Found stress on harness in question, rerouted per bulletin"

The bulletin for mine had a "B" at the end, guess it is a slight update from the old one 011A
Here's what was changed from A to B:

This bulletin is being revised to add Saturn P/N 12345579. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-09-41-011A (Section 09 -- Restraints).

Just an additional part number.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts