GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen anyone mention this but it kind of bugs me. If I am in heavy traffic going very slow (maybe 10mph) and then try to accelerate....the tranny kind of jolts unless I am super cautious on the pedal. I have had to develop a very light foot in order for the car to drive relatively smooth.

I have an 07 with the latest tranny flash. I has done wonders for the driveability of the vehicle....except for this issue. I have had the problem from day one but have ignored it as the other tranny issues like delay, wrong gear, chugging, were more important. Now that those issues are mostly gone....I am wondering if this is fixable or just something I have to live with. I have never had a car that was so sensitive in the first inch or two of pedal travel.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
At first I noticed some sensitivity like you describe, but after driving it a few thousand miles it either went away or I got accustomed to it as I have not noticed it lately.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Newz54,

I find my '09 to be very responsive on the throttle - at almost any speed / rpm - but certainly when just crawling along at low speed. I actually like it - and have made a habit of being light on the foot almost all of the time. My old S-10 Blazer is a bit of a laggard, so I like the get-up & go of my Acadia. Coming from such an old-tech car to the '09 Acadia, I attribute the "pep" to things like good quality fuel injection and an effeciently-working engine.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
540 Posts
My 2009 has a very easy/light accelerator pedal. It takes a little getting use to but thats ok. Just a tap and your gone. It makes me think thats why some people have been saying theire getting poor fuel economy. If you jump on it,there goes your fuel economy. I just filled mine for the first time last night.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I appear to have a normal feel for the pedal and have no issues. I am more of rocket man myself as wife is 2X'S.
A to B is what matters and enjoy the low gasoline prices!

·
Registered
30 Posts
DeForger said:
My 2009 has a very easy/light accelerator pedal. It takes a little getting use to but thats ok. Just a tap and your gone. It makes me think thats why some people have been saying theire getting poor fuel economy. If you jump on it,there goes your fuel economy. I just filled mine for the first time last night.
Bobby

My garage is not as large as I would like it to be and the overhead door in only 15' wide. Just a little tight for two cars. My Enclave idles around 800RPP but I enter the garage with my foot on the brake as I am facing a H/A cabinet. I have plenty of torque to enter slowly and brake at the assigned position.
First time with one foot on gas and one on brake taught me a fast lesson. A few more grey hairs but no damage.
BD

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm moving from a fully size Chevy pickup to my Traverse. It is a noticable change from the Truck's 4 speed to a 6 speed automatic. Sometimes the difference is annoying. I get a lot more gear changes than I used to in normal driving. Definitely going to take time to get used to. So I'm holding off my opinion on the good/bad of a 6 speed tranny for a while. Once I learn the little nuances of this transmission, I may end up liking it... or not. :) We'll see.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with the transmission, I think it is the electronic throttle. I noticed this in my truck when I first got it and my wife used to hate driving my truck because of this, but now she has no choice since she has an Acadia now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Electronic throttle control....maybe that is the issue. Like I said...it only happens at low rpm.....usually after I have eased up on the pedal due to traffic and then hit the gas when I need to accelerate. I thought it might be a syncronizer problem in the tranny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts