GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or heard of any Acadia goodies coming out of SEMA?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My husband is at SEMA. I will have him check things out. :thumb:

·
Registered
683 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what does your husband do for a living since SEMA is an industry only show?

I would give my soul to go to this show... :notworthy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
He owns and operates the DHRA (Diesel Hot Rod Association). It is a national sanctioning body for diesel drag racing and truck pulling.

SEMA is awesome! I have had the opportunity to attend twice.

·
Registered
683 Posts
No, unfortunately it is closed to the public. You need to either be in the industry or part of the media to attend. Of course being a celebrity would get you in too...

Sadly for me I am none of the above, but would love to get into the auto industry somehow. Heck for SEMA, I would settle for being on the janitorial crew if it meant being able to walk the whole show floor. :love:

·
Registered
42 Posts
So far he has only seen 2 acadias at SEMA.

One liquid silver was in the GMC booth. Nothing special done to it except the normal GMC aftermarket parts like the running boards, ect.

The other Acadia was liquid silver on the top and metallic blue from the doors down. Even the rocker panels had been smoothed out and painted blue. This acadia was decked out inside with 3 DVD screens and custom leather and outside with window tint and smokey light covers.

I am trying to get some pics.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm surprised they(GM) didn't try to hype these cars up some more since they started with so much steam before they even hit showrooms. Perhaps sales are still so strong they didn't feel a need to do more publicity with them. Or I suppose they don't suspect the target demographic to be much into custom wheels and other tricks.

Funny though...I just installed taillight tint to my Acadia this past weekend. :thumb: Guess I'm slightly ahead of the curve, or at least in tune with the times. ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're any kind of car junky... SEMA is MECA! Awesome displays and cars!

I was able to attend a couple of years ago, it was overwhelming! After my last day there, I went out with my buddies that night, and had to go home early. I developed a migraine! (I don't get migraines... that was the first one ever or since.) I couldn't see, felt sick... it was miserable... only thing I can attribute it too was sensory overload!

WAY GOOD TIMES THOUGH!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's funny, I was just going to start a thread about the SEMA show. I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm a automotive equipment and supply dealer, so I don't spend much time in the "accessories" sections of the show, but I did see two Acadias parked outside that had been tricked out pretty good. I didn't bring a camera, but wish I had, so I could show my wife what I'd do to her Acadia. One looked pretty standard with tires and wheels, but one had some pretty cool ground affects installed. If I remember right, it was white - hopefully someone could post a picture.

Every year, it seems as if one vehicle is targeted for major aftermarket accessories. This year was definitely the new Toyota Tundra. I've been really liking the new Silverado and Sierras, but man, there were some nice looking Toyotas there!! Oh, and probably more Lamborghinis and Ferraris than you'll ever see at one place!!!

Next year I'll bring the camera!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Iodonzs said:
If you're any kind of car junky... SEMA is MECA! Awesome displays and cars!
Don't you mean...Mecca?

·
Registered
683 Posts
sss_tacoma said:
Next year I'll bring the camera!!
The heck with that...next year bring me! ;D

I would love to see them open this show to the public for one day as a Charity event. Like the First Look To Charity events at the new car autoshows. Wouldn't necessarily need to be black-tie, but at least the proceeds will go to a good cause. And it will make some enthusiasts super happy!

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
I really like those side steps - I hope they get made for the general public. :beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rufio,

That was not the Acadia from SEMA. The SEMA vehicle was paired up with a boat and trailer... nothing too special...

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is no way they could open it up for the public simply because it is already packed with industry people. If anyone has every been to the Las Vegas Convention Center, you will get an idea of how much room they take up. Every square inch of the inside floors are covered with booths, etc... then outside in the parking lots (both of them), there is exhibitions going on (off-road courses, drifting courses, etc...) To top it off, they have cars scattered throughout the lobbys, sidewalks, other parking lots, etc... I went in 2003, and 2004, and 2005. It got bigger every year somehow, so by now they probably have the streets blocked off... I will try to post some pictures of the madness when I get home from the last couple of years so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
683 Posts
A-Rod said:
There is no way they could open it up for the public simply because it is already packed with industry people. If anyone has every been to the Las Vegas Convention Center, you will get an idea of how much room they take up. Every square inch of the inside floors are covered with booths, etc... then outside in the parking lots (both of them), there is exhibitions going on (off-road courses, drifting courses, etc...) To top it off, they have cars scattered throughout the lobbys, sidewalks, other parking lots, etc... I went in 2003, and 2004, and 2005. It got bigger every year somehow, so by now they probably have the streets blocked off... I will try to post some pictures of the madness when I get home from the last couple of years so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.
That is why I suggested they do it as a Charity event and therefore would be able to limit the amount of tickets sold. It would be on a special night with no other industry 'customers' in attendance. Just a skeleton crew of folks at each booth to handle any questions, and that's it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
scroll up a couple messages... link was already posted and the folks that were at SEMA said this was not the vehicle they saw.

Still looks nice though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rufio said:
scroll up a couple messages... link was already posted and the folks that were at SEMA said this was not the vehicle they saw.

Still looks nice though.
woops, my adhd at work, didn't even see it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts