GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 year ago when I was in research mode trying to convince my wife that we should get either the Acadia or the Enclave, I would look hard to find one for her to see. Even at the dealer's lots I could not find one. This past weekend we took a DC to NJ trip and I saw them right and left. At one point on I95 I had 2 Acadias in front of me, and 1 Outlook behind me. When we parked at the hotel, there was our Acadia, 1 Outlook, and 2 Enclaves in the same lot. It's kinda nice to see them hitting the market.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same here. Seeing a lot more Enclaves than the other two, but we certainly are seeing more and more everyday.

·
Registered
423 Posts
A local buick dealer has 50 NEW enclaves. 50 of them, I saw with my own eyes. I am sure that we will be seing even more than we do now, people love these cars. I know we do!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am seeing a lot of them here in the houston area as well. We have a lot of enclaves on the dealer lots right now too as the Houston Open was just recently played and the enclaves were used by the members of the tour. There are a lot of great deals to be had on them right now as they are basically program cars.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't think I've seen more than 2 in one week and thats in the burbs as well as a daily drive to downtown Portland. About the same ratio of Outlooks/Acadias. No Enclaves. Now that I think of it, have not seen another blue-gold like mine either. Since that color is now discontinued I guess I won't be seeing too many in the future! Which is great! ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seems that when you own a particular vehicle you seem to see more of them because you are kind of looking for them. I catch my self seeing a vehicle that looks like a lambda and watching to confirm if it is or not. Just more conscious of it now that I own one. I too have seen several in my daily commute the last few weeks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Irish said:
Don't think I've seen more than 2 in one week and thats in the burbs as well as a daily drive to downtown Portland. About the same ratio of Outlooks/Acadias. No Enclaves. Now that I think of it, have not seen another blue-gold like mine either. Since that color is now discontinued I guess I won't be seeing too many in the future! Which is great! ;D
You'll have to keep your eye out for us. I am originally from Oregon and I go up there often to visit family. When we do, we'll be driving our blue-gold Acadia so there will be at least one more in the area.

I see Lambdas all over the place regularly now. I hadn't seen any Outlooks "in the wild" until a couple weeks ago, but now I've seen several. There's at least one Buick in our neighborhood. There was a bunch of Buicks that hit the market about a month ago or so after the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines. The cars they were using during the tournament were Enclaves and after the tournament, they sell 'em all off at a discount. The first day we got our Blue-Gold Acadia, we went to CostCo to get stuff (we'd sold our other SUV earlier, leaving us short a vehicle to haul provisions) and when we came out, there was another Acadia parked right next to us. A couple days later I walked out of another store and as I approached our Acadia I wondered why my fob wasn't unlocking the door. The lights weren't flashing when I pressed the button. Then I noticed 3 cars down there were lights flashing. Yeah, I was standing by the wrong Acadia.

·
Registered
381 Posts
moto155 said:
Seems that when you own a particular vehicle you seem to see more of them because you are kind of looking for them. I catch my self seeing a vehicle that looks like a lambda and watching to confirm if it is or not. Just more conscious of it now that I own one. I too have seen several in my daily commute the last few weeks.
I agree with this assertion. Once you have your mind set on a particular vehicle style, they always pop out of the background noise of the variety of cars. It's like picking out American's overseas. Once you start noticing them, they are everywhere (same for Brits, Germans, etc...)

·
Registered
73 Posts
On each of the last two days, we walked out of the store (different stores) and an identically colored Acadia was parked next to us. Different vehicles each day. Birds of a feather?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My wife was shopping, came out of the store and pressed her fob to unlock the Acadia. Immediately she saw two women open the doors and get in our XUV. My wife said "are you sure that's your car?" Turns out they had an identical vehical parked two cars down.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lagunasrfr said:
My wife was shopping, came out of the store and pressed her fob to unlock the Acadia. Immediately she saw two women open the doors and get in our XUV. My wife said "are you sure that's your car?" Turns out they had an identical vehicle parked two cars down.
That is funny. It reminds me of when I was with my Dad at the park and we got into our blue '60s something Impala and started home. After we were on our way, I asked who took my candy. It turned out we were in someone else's car. We drove back and parked it where it was, then moved to our car and went home. I learned later that there were only so many key combinations and it was normal back then for more than one car to have the same key.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts