GMC Acadia Forum banner

Did you get the captains chairs or a second row bench?

• Second Row Bench

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you get the captains chairs or the second row bench? Tell us why.

By the way, I got the bench. My teenage kids like the room to spread out.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
As mentioned before, with our second child on the way, we needed something that could handle two child seats while still allowing access to the third row. The Lambdas' 2nd row captains chairs made an already great crossover absolutely perfect for us. No minivans, YES!

·
Registered
166 Posts
We got the captains chairs so the kids can't fight! Plus we like the armrests and room for the dog in the middle

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got the bench. I figured I'd be more likely drive around 4 of my friends then just 3 at a time, and didn't want someone to have to sit all the way in the 3rd row all alone. Plus, the bench makes it easy to just open the door and throw something in without having to worry with arm rests, etc that might get in the way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
doglover931500 said:
We got the captains chairs so the kids can't fight! Plus we like the armrests and room for the dog in the middle
Same here. The captains help keep the proper distance between kids. I also have a truck with a bench and the kids fight less in the Acadia with the Capitan chairs. It is also nice to be able to get to the 3rd seat without having to fold the 2nd row seat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We went for the captain's chairs, Access to the third row was my decision driver. I personally like the looks too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Captain's chairs here. Love the idea of easy access to the third row with two car seats in the second row. And............It's NOT A MINIVAN!!!!!, (or Loser Cruiser, as some of my friends put it when I said we were looking) :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bench. We only have one little one, and there will be no more. Part of the reason for the Acadia in the first place is how hard it is getting for my wife to get the girl into the Jeep. The Acadia will help mom help the girl step into the back, and then the little girl can scramble onto the center position and then into her chair.

But secondly, it was bought for more comfort on trips. My inlaws live 120 miles away, and my parents (who are local) have a weekend cabin 200 miles away, and we plan on visiting both more often. I almost always drive, because I am not comfortable in any other seat, but would like to be able sit in the back with my girl and watch movies (ok, I will probably use a laptop instead of watching Cinderella for the 50th time)--- the bench is just more comfortable to me -- I can lean sideways, I have the big armrest with cupholder.

Plus I am guessing (but it is not necessary)- I can do the smartslide on the 40% chair to still get to the back even while the car is in motion.

We won't have the 3rd row even up very often, it will mostly be used for cargo-- in the same way the 3rd row was very rarely used in my parents 78 Custom Cruiser when I was a kid. It was a lot more handy to have 3 in the back seat before the 1st person went to that 3rd row (although sometimes it was fun to be back there, going backwards.)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I got the 2nd row with Captains chairs. I only have one kid and two dogs. I felt it was roomier in the back with the 2 chairs instead of another bench. I feel the 2nd row bench really closes off the 3rd row and didn't want that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We ordered Captain Chairs, but I share opinions with both Web Raven AND Mitchl!!! We have one child only and will be only one child too, but still went with the Captain's. It was a tough decision though, to turn down $-495 for the bench though!! I guess the passing through ability was more important.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I plan on ordering the 2nd row Bench. I didn't really like the look of the Captain's Chairs for 2nd row. No kids, just one small dog and she is either in her crate next to me in the front row passenger seat or on someone's lap. I don't plan on using the 3rd row seating either.

Louise

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Captain's chairs are a MUST! It's what sets this vehicle apart from all the other generic junk on the market.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got the bench. No kids at this stage. I needed the most flat cargo carrying square footage I could get and I will be using the vehicle much of the time with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded flat. The gap between the folded down 2nd row captain's chairs would have been a problem.

By the way, I've never used a 3rd row seat in my life. I've always had to remove them with any other SUV I've had and put them in storage to utilize the cargo room.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm with you, Scout, on all points. I plan on keeping 3rd row folded down the majority of the time and just use the space as cargo. It'll be great for shopping trips! Plenty of space to get all of the bags home...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Got the bench. No kids at this stage. I needed the most flat cargo carrying square footage I could get and I will be using the vehicle much of the time with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded flat. The gap between the folded down 2nd row captain's chairs would have been a problem.
Are there any pictures posted of the "gap" between the folded captains? Every picture I remember shows the cargo are as flat -- Are they all benches pictured?

·
Registered
119 Posts
tymj said:
Are there any pictures posted of the "gap" between the folded captains? Every picture I remember shows the cargo are as flat -- Are they all benches pictured?
I think Scout means the space between the two captains chairs. Not between 2nd and 3rd row.

·
Registered
659 Posts
tymj said:
Yes they are all benches. There is a gap there. I noticed it in evaluating it at the dealer and it is an issue that breaks up the otherwise continuous loadfloor. On the other hand, a tall suitcase of the right size just might work well there...

·
Registered
683 Posts
I got the bench to prepare for a second child and still have extra seats for a few extra family members while on vacations. Now we can all go in one car for once without being too cramped, and still have the cargo room behind the 3rd row for shopping bags, stroller, or whatever.

For daily use though the 3rd row will most likely stay flat.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We do not have one yet but when we get an acadia or enclave it will definately be the captain chairs! We have them now in our suburban and have NEVER(seriously not even once) slid the seat forward to get to the third row!! So much easier to walk through to the third row. And we sat in an acadia with the bench seat and it seemed really cramped and small!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
So much easier to walk through to the third row. And we sat in an acadia with the bench seat and it seemed really cramped and small!!
Same here. I first test drove one with a bench, then later drove one with the captain's chairs. Huge difference! I'm so glad I got the captain's chairs. I can't imagine having to slide that seat back & forth all the time! In my opinion the captain's chairs look much nicer.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts