GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at both Acadia and Outlook. Big question for me is how long till those grooves in the floor get gunked up with dirt. Do the floor mats cover the rails? Anyone had a p[roblem with the grooves getting gunked up?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: SECOND ROW SEAT RAILS

I've only had mine for a couple days. But I do see your point. The rails are only partially covered in the front by the folding floor mats. But when you slide the seats they are all exposed. Knowing my kids and their cravings for snacks, its going to be a challenge to keep these grooves clean.

Here's pic of what Keith is talking about. You can see the grease in the grooves. That's gotta be a dirt magnet over time. I wonder why they didn't put some kind of cover or lining. Similar to what you see in the gear shift lever (Drive, neutral, reverse etc).

-- Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts

We officially have a NO EATING policy in the Acadia. My wifes Outlook on the other hand, that is a different story.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Rufio said:
Similar to what you see in the gear shift lever (Drive, neutral, reverse etc).
Excellent point Paul. I was vaccuming my Acadia out yesterday and noticed the potential for dirt and gunk to build up in the grooves. There is grease in the tracks too and that's only asking for stuff to build up. Mine wasn't bad at all though. Even with the Captain's chairs moved forward, the rails are still exposed. The floor mats DO NOT cover them as they would hinder the movement of the chairs. Hopefully GM will come up with something to cover them up....till then...no food in the car....but that's only gonna last for so long!!

·
Registered
29 Posts

We have a no eating policy and a dog... Her hair is already starting to collect in the groove. I figure at some point I'm gonna have to slop it out and replace the goop myself. A set of brushes along each side would fix the majority of the problem. GMC could make them with sticky tape on one side and we could add them ourselves. I'd pay $20 for it.

·
Registered
269 Posts

Well, what they should have done, and for an add on company to come up with would be a soft rubber between the slats in the floor mat, or a stiff brush between the grooves of the floor mat. Whoever makes 3rd party add-ons (or GM for that matter) could come up with this now, because there will be a lot of Lambda platform owners who need that refit until GM puts sliding blinds or something into the rails themselves. Actually, someone should come up with a refit to put a blind system into the existing seats. If you have a small blind rolled up in front and one on the backside of the post of the seat, it would rollup/unroll as the seat slid (maybe you don't worry about what is behind the seat rail though.)

·
Registered
23 Posts

When using the SmartSlide seating technology to move the second row captains chairs forward I've noticed that it completely smooshes the floor mats. Is anyone else having this problem? I know there are slits in the mats that are probably supposed to keep this from happening, but over time I see this destroying the mats. Is there an easy way to fix this?

·
Registered
34 Posts

I noticed that too. The fold in the mat should help it to go up. I've "helped it" by foldong it up as I push the seat forward.

·
Registered
132 Posts

I am worried about these too. We got the GMC winter mats and they really leave the rails exposed. Not happy with them at all. My big worry is we track in a lot of sand in the summer time here and that it will get in the grease in there and really make a mess.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Seat Track Protective Covers - Where Are They?

Hi guys....I am a lurker here from the Enclave forum. Was hoping to get some information on the below question from those who have an EARLY production cycle Acadia. Just a concern as we wait for our Enclave to be built. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

1) Is there any explanation for why the rubber track cover with slit down the middle (as shown in the attached Outlook marketing photo) is being left out of production models of all lambdas? Was it EVER included in earlier production models of the Outlook or Acadia and thus could we order as a replacement part? I am really concerned about trash/small toys, etc getting in these tracks. I am also concerned with my kids little fingers playing in these tracks and getting the grease that is in them everywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: Seat Track Protective Covers - Where Are They?

It would be nice to have them. I have already seen a couple of those colorful M&Ms (courstesy of my 6-yr old) inside the tracks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That was my first observation with these cars. I was in two very early outlooks and neither had any covers for the tracks. I looked for them in the Acadia and they did not have them either. I have resorted to leaving a towel on the floor covering the track under my 2 year old's seat. It would be nice if there was something or an aftermarket alternative.

·
Registered
524 Posts

Thats the first I have ever seen them. It sure would be nice to have them. I too have seen the M&M's in the tracks, as well as an assortment of debris.

·
Registered
956 Posts

How will the seats slide if the tracks are covered? It would be nice if the tracks could be covered.

·
Registered
624 Posts

The pre-production model I saw at Epcot's Test Track ride had the rubber covers with a slit down the middle to allow for sliding (as shown above). I did not notice any impedence to the sliding action, so I am not sure why they did not carry them over to production.

·
Registered
70 Posts

ccaats said:
The pre-production model I saw at Epcot's Test Track ride had the rubber covers with a slit down the middle to allow for sliding (as shown above). I did not notice any impedence to the sliding action, so I am not sure why they did not carry them over to production.
I saw the exact same model! That model is what got me interested in purchasing the Acadia in the first place--it was love at first sight! :-* I wonder how many people purchased an Acadia because of that model? I agree that the covers would be nice feature. I find myself cleaning the candy, wrappers, etc. from the tracks all the time, and getting grease all over my hand when I do. :banghead:

·
Registered
624 Posts

Here's hoping that SOMEONE in the aftermarket world is lurking here and will take this idea and run with it. I would definitely pay for it!

·
Registered
389 Posts

Absolutely. So would we.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts