GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get the second row head rests to move up and down? The first row ones have the usual adjustments just under the head rest themselves, and the third row ones move when you fold the seats down, but the second row ones seem fixed...

·
Registered
218 Posts
They don't. I see your new here most of the questions you will have can be answered by using the search engine, it helps the forum from having multiple questions about the same topic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You know, I was wondering the same thing. I almost broke one of the 2nd row head rests off the other day trying to adjust it. After about 30 minutes of f-ing with it I finally came to the conclusion that they just don't move...at all. If the rest of the acadia is half as sturdy as those head rests we're all in great shape! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Consumer reports call them "intrusive headrests". It was one of the first things we noticed when we test drove our first acadia and tried to put a child booster seat in the back. On our other vehicles we just pop the headrest off and the booster fits the seat niclely. On the acadia you have to recline the seat top get a good fit. We did have a good laugh at the salesman reefing on the headrest trying to get them up!!! ;D I guess it was new to them too, also they bother my wife and I when we try to sit in the back. They must be stationary due to the seat folding system. In reality I would say that they really aren't head rests at all since they don't move for taller people. Are these going to be neck snapping seats in a collision or what? I thought head restraints were kind of standard nowadays? Anybody have any input ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have same problem with head rests with a child seat. Like this vehicle but this is one thing that needs to be changed!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts