GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added the second row console when I ordered my Acadia on Oct 31st . The dealer called yesterday and said the order was kicked out because the console would not be available untill 2008. The dealer did not know when in 2008 it would be available. I asked if I went ahead and got an
Acadia without the console could it be installed at the dealership when they became available, and he didn't know that either.
Does anybody out there have any info?
I saw a picture of the console installed and I think it gives the second row a nice finished look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
gabbys-dad said:
I added the second row console when I ordered my Acadia on Oct 31st . The dealer called yesterday and said the order was kicked out because the console would not be available untill 2008. The dealer did not know when in 2008 it would be available. I asked if I went ahead and got an
Acadia without the console could it be installed at the dealership when they became available, and he didn't know that either.
I saw a picture of the console installed and I think it gives the second row a nice finished look.
Lots of discussion on this. As you probably know, the GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave, and Saturn Outlook share almost all their parts. My Buick/GMC dealer got this notification from GM concerning the second row console:

From "Buick Hot Sheet - October 12, 2007" [sent to dealers]:

DK1 (2nd Row Center Console)...Although we had announced that the DK1 center console would be available for production at the end of this month, there are now Engineering issues that prevent us from building the DK1 center console. We now expect to keep this console on 0% constraint until likely after the first of the year. Although the option will still be in Order Workbench and Autobook, please refrain from ordering this option at this time due to long lead time.[/color]

My dealer speculates that we won't see a 2nd Row this year. In the past, when he has seen the "0% constraint" used on a feature it usually ends up going in the next model year. So.. his guess is you will have to wait for a 2009 Acadia.

More discussion here:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1036.0
and here:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=708.msg16948#msg16948

·
Registered
5 Posts
I test drove an Enclave this morning and inquired about the second row console. The sales manager seems to think that they're going to ax the second row console.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The arms are left off the seats in second row to accomodate the console. I'm not sure if the seats are made any differently or just a matter of leaving the arms off though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
gabbys-dad said:
The 2nd row console is a factory installed option only. Not only does it require different 2nd row seats from the regular captains chairs, but apparently there are differences to the floor to accomodate the console that precludes it being a dealer-installable item after the car is built. Either you get it now from the factory, or you never will.

Strangely enough, I tried to order it, was told I'd be waiting until next year and nixed it so I could get the car ordered now. Yet the manual I have for my car shows the console and how to work it (if I had one). Go figure.

I'm still waiting to see if they become available at all. I joked to the dealer that I'd use velcro tape and install one myself...

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I wanted this option too but settled without it. Who knows, maybe someone will come up with an aftermarket one that we can all buy.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Anyone have any updated information about this option as of January 2008?

Has GM figured it out or is this DK1 option still a no go?

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to my dealer, the 2nd row console is now available and will begin production as of Feb. 11, 2008. It will be initially constrained to 20% of production and ramp up from there. It is not removable like the Tahoe/Yukon 2nd row console.

·
Registered
24 Posts
jperaino said:
According to my dealer, the 2nd row console is now available and will begin production as of Feb. 11, 2008. It will be initially constrained to 20% of production and ramp up from there. It is not removable like the Tahoe/Yukon 2nd row console.
Today is February 11. Does anyone know if rear consoles are actually being bolted into Enclaves and Acadias on the line this morning?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
There have been alot of advertisements with the enclaves having the 2nd row console. Anyone have an inside link to the GM line that can shed some light?

·
Registered
24 Posts
We did actually see one of these elusive consoles - or at least a mockup of one - in a cutaway exhibit of the Enclave at the Philadelphia Auto Show last week. One surprising thing - not apparent on pictures I've seen - is that the lower portion curves sharply inward at the rear (perhaps to provide footroom for a middle 3rd row passenger) so there is not as much storage space as I expected. Sorry, I didn't take a camera and failed to remember that my phone has one.....

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Just noticed this little item:

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 DK1 Center Row Console Option Cancelled.

2008 Enclave 4R14526, 4V14526 DK1 Center Row Console Option Cancelled.

2008 Outlook ZR14526, ZV14526 DK1 Center Row Console Option Cancelled.

So no 2nd row console for the 2008 models. Maybe it'll be ready for the '09s.

·
Registered
249 Posts
GeoHawk said:

Oh man!? WTH!? I wonder if they're holding that back for the Denali?

·
Registered
752 Posts
It may really look nice, but it is really going to screw up storage space. Its amazing how many times I have thrown things between the two seats. Of course, one of the reasons I bought this car was so I could load it up. So I may be a bit prejudiced.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Traclavelook said:
GeoHawk said:

Oh man!? WTH!? I wonder if they're holding that back for the Denali?
No, as stated in an Enclave (and I would have thought here too) dealer system update, the console was finally just canceled for the 2008 model year.

It was delayed, delayed, and delayed again, and now is ready, but they decided rather than build the last few months of 2008's with it, it will be from the start of 2009 on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i didn't want a console but i have to say i am curious about why they haven't been able to come through on the 2nd row console? surely a piece of plastic mounted between two seats is the least of complications of designing this kind of vehicle? what gives...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought I really wanted a console too. After thinking about it long and hard, I thought WHY? There is already cup holders and the pockets behind the seats. I did want a better place for our 4 headphones and remote. SO, today I went to Staples and got a really nice black leather tote thing that fits perfectly between the two captains chairs. There it can hold the headphones and remotes, and what ever the kids store in there. If I need to move it, it can go in the back cargo area....So far, it's working GREAT AND it only cost me 9.99....YAHOO

·
Registered
249 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Double :ditto:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ok...the next person has to add "with sugar on top". ;D