GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have NAV with redundant audio and the second row audio controls. i noted in the manual that if you have the entertainment package that you can listen to audio through the IR headphones via the IR emitter in the roof mounted DVD player. I did not get the roof mounted dvd player and got the headrest units instead. it apears that the same radio listening feature is not supported by the IR emitters from the headrest units as in the roof mounted unit. can someone with the same setup confirm? since i dont have the roof mount dvd is my capabillity of listening to diff. sources limitted to the wired headphones?It would be nice if the headrest units should give me that capability.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think the headrest unit supports this feature. With the overhead unit the audio is supported from the nav system and therefore the audio is actually input into the overhead unit for transmission to the headphones. With your unit the audio is self contained. It doesn't appear to have any type of inputs from the rear audio controls. With the overhead system, if you want to listen to a second audio source you switch to the second channel on the headphones and the overhead unit then transmits what is selected on the rear audio controls. Because the headrest unit does not have a separate audio input from this unit, it can't transmit this separate audio channel.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It is my understanding that that headrest DVD system is an aftermarket install. That is, it is not part of the factory install. I would think that it would not have the IR feature like the factory installed overhead DVD. Can someone correct me if I am wrong about the headrest DVD system being an aftermarket install (i.e. custom installed after delivery)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts