GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone do a quick measurement from about 6" down from the top of the drivers seat (with it all the way back and comfortably reclined) to about 6" above the seat of the 2nd row (behind the driver)? I am hoping there is enough room here for a baby car seat (Graco Snugride 32, previously Safeseat). Have an Envoy XL now that the front seat has to be too far forward to be comfortable for me (I'm 6'6")

Much appreciated
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
ericsc said:
Can someone do a quick measurement from about 6" down from the top of the drivers seat (with it all the way back and comfortably reclined) to about 6" above the seat of the 2nd row (behind the driver)? I am hoping there is enough room here for a baby car seat (Graco Snugride 32, previously Safeseat). Have an Envoy XL now that the front seat has to be too far forward to be comfortable for me (I'm 6'6")

Much appreciated
All the way reclined lands the headrest in my front facing seat. 2 photos here , driver seat reclined till it stops on the carseat, and the other with how I normally have it positioned. Are you using a forward or rear facing carseat? Are you looking for Capt chairs or bench for 2nd row? I had and envoy XUV, the rear facing carseat use to protrude through center armrest of the envoy.. With the acadia it fit nicely behind the passenger seat.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Gotta love that sparkle; oh yeah nice pics showing how the car seat fits
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
If your 6'6" you won't be comfortable. We have a Graco Snugride and the front seat has to be pretty far forward when the car seat is rear facing. We always put it on the passenger side and my wife is 5'7" and she was comfortable even on long trips. IMO no carseat is designed to actually fit in a car and still have the adults be comfortable.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
coloradoGM said:
If your 6'6" you won't be comfortable. We have a Graco Snugride and the front seat has to be pretty far forward when the car seat is rear facing. We always put it on the passenger side and my wife is 5'7" and she was comfortable even on long trips. IMO no carseat is designed to actually fit in a car and still have the adults be comfortable.
In regards to rear facing seats... I would agree with that.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, yes rear facing seat and captains chairs. bonk1313, is that second pic with the seat base all the way back? I also have a forward facing that I need to stick in there
I did get out to the dealer and measure one they had on the lot and it looks like it actually has more room than our Envoy so I think I will be ok. I measured 27" with the seat all the way back and with slight recline, that is the same as the space available on our Envoy XL with the front seat nudged forward a couple inches and minimal recline. Envoy is tolerable so this should be better.

Anyways I gave the wife the green light so we should be having the Acadia delivered in the next few days.....

Thanks again and I look forward to the great conversations here on this forum.
:cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Glad the forum could be of help; enjoy your new Acadia :thumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
ericsc said:
Thanks for the replies, yes rear facing seat and captains chairs. bonk1313, is that second pic with the seat base all the way back? I also have a forward facing that I need to stick in there
I did get out to the dealer and measure one they had on the lot and it looks like it actually has more room than our Envoy so I think I will be ok. I measured 27" with the seat all the way back and with slight recline, that is the same as the space available on our Envoy XL with the front seat nudged forward a couple inches and minimal recline. Envoy is tolerable so this should be better.

Anyways I gave the wife the green light so we should be having the Acadia delivered in the next few days.....

Thanks again and I look forward to the great conversations here on this forum.
:cheers:
Yes driver seat is all the way back in the track with moderate recline, nothing severe.... Decent room. The rear facing is only temporary so very tolerable in my opinion. The ENVOY XUV had less room then the XL and regular so you should be doing better with this and will hopefully be happy.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,792 Posts
ericsc said:
Can someone do a quick measurement from about 6" down from the top of the drivers seat (with it all the way back and comfortably reclined) to about 6" above the seat of the 2nd row (behind the driver)? I am hoping there is enough room here for a baby car seat (Graco Snugride 32, previously Safeseat). Have an Envoy XL now that the front seat has to be too far forward to be comfortable for me (I'm 6'6")

Much appreciated
First time on this thread and I gotta be honest, Eric. I thought you were going to be the passenger - not the driver!! I think the Graco is not your best choice. I'd stick with BarcoLounger!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll make note of that, thx :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top