Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the past week or so my seat frames (front drivers) have been making a metal flexing noise when I get and and adjust myself. When I accelerate I can hear the flexing noise to. Not sure if it is related to the heat or if the metal is fatiguing. Right now it is just an annoyance, when I bring in to the dealer for service I will have them look at, in the mean time I can increase the volume of the radio :rock:. I do not have the seat slide problem (movement of the drivers seat back and forth), I do have the feeling of running over pebbles when I move the seat back and forth on the track (only in 1 small section, must be a connnection of two tracks - that is what it feels like to me).

Should I be more concerned about this issue (do not want to get in an accident and my seat fails)? Have never had this on any other vehicle I have owned, have 90,000 mile on the Suburban and the seats are rock solid, not even 3000 on the Acadia and i have this sound. :banghead:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just started to hear this more today...I'm a sound nut in my vehicles. Any little noise sends me over the edge. This is starting to piss me off...I had a few noises in my seat, but after 5000 miles, it's getting worse!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally, I thought I was nuts or being a fanatic. I guess I have gotten used to it but it is still there, I have noticed that since the air has chilled a little bit and the interior is cooler when I get it that the noise seems to dimish a bit. Have not had a reason to drive the 40 miles to the dealer yet, I am planning on an oil change soon (in October) so I will be making an appointment for that and the tranny flash, will bring up this noise to them and see what they think.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It is on my list as well, when you run the seat all the way back then forward it sounds like a cement mixer and physically acts like it is going over a broken/bent track :confused:
Not much of a premium seat package, especially since the lumbar adjustment does not work at all :angryfire:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not to be indelicate but are those of you having this problem unusually heavy? I know my dad was and actually broke the back rest in his Ford. Wondering if this is an issue with heavier people only. I am under 200 LBS and have not noticed anything to date.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Keith said:
Not to be indelicate but are those of you having this problem unusually heavy? I know my dad was and actually broke the back rest in his Ford. Wondering if this is an issue with heavier people only. I am under 200 LBS and have not noticed anything to date.
I'm very short for my weight but haven't had any seat flexing problems. ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
6', 225, heavier than average I guess, but not that bad.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My lumbar support now won't stay where it should...that just happened yesterday...dealer here I come. ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts