GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my wife decides that she doesn't like the second row bench seat anymore after riding in a friends yukon yesterday. She wants us to trade in our 2007 SLE 8 passanger for a 08 or 09 7 passenger. I think that it is a crazy idea but the things we do to please our wives.... Anyway is there an option for me to purchase the captains chairs and remove the bench. I rather just get the seats from a wrecked acadia than to go buy a new car. Will the seats fit????? or are we stuck with what we have. I am really against buying a new car. :help:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure this is something you can do (thought about it myself). I think the seat tracks for the captain's chairs are different.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I doubt also you can switch seats. The tracks have to come that way from the factory. Unless you could do a mod somehow but that could be more trouble than it is worth.

You could sell the 07, then take the money and buy a used 08. If you can do that and not spend anymore doing it, then maybe. But to sell the car, then turn around and buy a new one is going to cost you a lot of money. Unless you are well off, I wouldn't do it. Not with the economy the way it is right now and gas prices, etc. The hit would be too great over something like that. I would tell my wife she's not Paris Hilton!

If she gets mad, then maybe I would trade in my wife for a new model rather than the car. If she has that little regard for the money you earn.

My two cents.

·
Registered
294 Posts
skyhawk said:
If she gets mad, then maybe I would trade in my wife for a new model rather than the car. If she has that little regard for the money you earn.

My two cents.
I think that this would be the more expensive option -- just my opinion! ;D

By the way, you cannot swap out the seats as the tracks are integral to the floorplan.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
It sucks to hear this. I'm in the opposite boat- I want a blue w/ black interior 8 passenger Lambda, but all the blue ones in this area have the 7 passenger option, so I was thinking the specific same SLE-SLT seat-swap solution sure sounded super. ;)

The closest I can find is a white SLT that has a sunroof & 19" wheels we don't want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Yukon with 2nd row captain's seats and an Acadia with the 2nd row bench. I can honestly say that I do not prefer one of the other. Each has pros and cons. The captain's seats are nice because we have three kids and two of them sit in the third row, and they can just walk back there without any seat movement. But, you lose that extra seat. With the bench, which I thought I would hate, we can get all three kids in the second row giving us a large cargo area.

That would be a hard sell for me to trade in/sell a car to change from a bench to capains seats. Buy her a diamond instead. Might be cheaper :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would echo that about the pros and cons. Going on vacation, and will face considerably less cargo space compared to my Yukon that had bench in 2nd row. In the past, I would remove the 3rd row completely for extra cargo space. Now with captains chairs for 2nd row, I need to leave 1 seat in 3rd row (3 kids). I've unbolted the long seat in the 3rd row and removed it, as well as the cargo management system. While it does give more space, it still is far less then what I was used to . For the rest of the time, I like having the captains chairs (except for the constant negotiation about which of the 3 will be sitting in the 3rd row at any particular time).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Pros and Cons is right!! I have the bench and this past weekend, my brother-in-law and I hauled 4 kids around place to place and I would have liked the buckets to avoid sliding the bench forward and back at each stop. (although it was very easy to slide). But tomorrow, I am very happy I have the bench as I will be hauling myself and 4 other adults (a total of 5) with tons of cargo and having the complete rear for storage will be very nice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ok, I think we stumbled upon the solution. A removable middle seat in the 2nd row, instead of the infamous missing center console. :thumb:
Haven't I already seen that in some vehicle? :-\

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hunt said:
Ok, I think we stumbled upon the solution. A removable middle seat in the 2nd row, instead of the infamous missing center console. :thumb:
Haven't I already seen that in some vehicle? :-\
The Honda minivan has this and it is not good for an adult. The center seat is at best tolerable for a child on a short trip. But it is nothing like the comfortable center of the Acadia bench. The Toyota minivan has a 3 bucket seat middle row like the 8 passenger GM van had and given that it is a wider vehicle, it's not too bad. You can remove the middle seat to make it accessible to the rear like the 7 passenger, but the middle seat is no longer with you as you need to store it outside of the car if you remove it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts