GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I searched and have not seen this problem. Sorry if it is a repeat.

Today I went to put my seat belt on and it slipped out of my hand and recalled back to the frame. Now it is locked and I can't pull it out. Any suggestions? I opened the doors, turned off and restarted the car, shut the doors, locked and unlocked the doors, and checked to make sure it is twisted. It is still locked.

This would be the case, my son has an appointment today to get his drivers license and it is a law to wear the selt belt!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe you should use the Volvo or the G35. Good luck....

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I believe it is all mechanical. Grab the belt and shake it. (i.e. pull hard on it really fast) You will likely jar it loose. If you are parked on a slope, get onto level ground as there is a weight that moves to lock the belt.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
mckcab said:
Disclaimer:  I searched and have not seen this problem.  Sorry if it is a repeat.

Today I went to put my seat belt on and it slipped out of my hand and recalled back to the frame.  Now it is locked and I can't pull it out.  Any suggestions?  I opened the doors, turned off and restarted the car, shut the doors, locked and unlocked the doors, and checked to make sure it is twisted.  It is still locked.

This would be the case, my son has an appointment today to get his drivers license and it is a law to wear the selt belt!
So what happened? Did you get it out? Did your son past the test?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts