GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Bought 2012 SLE a couple of months back with 120k miles on odo.
Drove around 8k miles and encountered these issues

1. The battery voltage meter dips well below 13 volts on long drives. Once the car refused to start, parked in front of dinner after 200 miles drive - No crank, as i turned the key all lights would go out. Had the battery replaced from a local shop (same CCA). Now there would be no crank on turning the key occasionally (once 20-30 starts). Got the relays, alternator and starter inspected all fine. Don't wana end up stranded, what could be the cause???

2. The seat belts - Off late i noticed that if i jerk-pull the front driver and passenger seat belts they wont get locked. While all seat belts in 2nd and 3rd row would get locked once i jerked them. Inspected a chevy traverse, which a friend owned, found it with same issue. Does anyone know about the locking mechanism for front driver and passenger sealbelt? if they are faulty, i must get them replaced.

Thanking in anticipation .....

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You do not mention checking the alternator. That needs to be accomplished.

Never had a seat belt lock fail, let alone 2 in one vehicle. No comment on that.

George

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1. ... Now there would be no crank on turning the key occasionally (once 20-30 starts). Got the relays, alternator and starter inspected all fine. Don't wana end up stranded, what could be the cause???
Something which happens that seldom would be difficult to diagnose, let alone speculate on a cause of it.

2. The seat belts - ... Does anyone know about the locking mechanism for front driver and passenger sealbelt? if they are faulty, i must get them replaced.
Some seat belt locking mechanisms (ratchets) are more sensitive than others. Definitely have them checked to make sure they lock at the point they're supposed to lock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts