GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else notice that the front shoulder belts are wearing a lovely groove in the plastic where the seatbelt comes out of the pillar?

My wife just pointed out that there's about a 1/4" groove in the driver's side, and she noticed it's causing the seatbelt to fray.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I noticed it about a month ago and was going to post up pics... but never got around to it.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Ditto on the small groove in the B-Pillar. Seatbelt looks fine though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
This was talked about last year http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1758.0 some pictures of the wear on the pillar post - I have the same type of wear, no issue with the belt itself, just the groove being worn into the plastic seat belt adjuster and mine is set at the highest level.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We've only had ours a few weeks, but I can see where it is going to start to cut a groove in the plastic. Are the dealer replacement parts actually different?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did some testing on it; the groove appears to be cut when you're pulling the belt out to put it on, and not from use while seated. Add to that the speed at which some members of my family pull the belts out at; I'm not surprised that the soft plastic there has grooves in it. All my previous vehicles had rather hard plastic with burled edges around the seatbelt slot.

But, this is what warranty is for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts