GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I noticed the driver's seat belt may be inside out, or the passenger is. The chrome shinny thingy :confused: is not visable when it is retracted. I have tried to "fold and slide" the latch, but it will not work. Is anybody elses like this?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Schram said:
Hey all, I noticed the driver's seat belt may be inside out, or the passenger is. The chrome shinny thingy :confused: is not visable when it is retracted. I have tried to "fold and slide" the latch, but it will not work. Is anybody elses like this?
Can't really imagine what you're describing. Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As soon as I find my camera, thanks.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You mean that the buckle on the belt is flipped around, right? I must have fixed a dozen of those in random cars that I've been in. Unfortunately, the slot on this one is really thin. I tried to flip ours and can't get it either. The assembly might have to be taken apart to flip it around.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I was thinking. Makes me wonder how it got flipped in the first place.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Someone on the assembly line thinking ahead to the weekend :beer: - or a robot malfunctioned ;D maybe that one from the GM super bowl commercial last year about the robot wanting to jump off a bridge because it made a mistake.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Weird coincidence - they showed how they make seatbelt assemblies on the Discovery Channel today. There was a jig that positions the buckle so it's in the correct position before the belt goes through.

Maybe yours was hand made!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine was the same way when I got it (April 2007). With patience, persistance, and several choice swear words, I got it flipped around. It was one of those little things that drove me crazy until I fixed it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell me about it :banghead:. I am determined to get that buckle switched around.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I find buckles switched quite often when I get in other people's cars. I am so AR that I must turn them around before I wear them. I found that folding over the belt and then pulling the buckle across that fold works pretty effectively. Good luck!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gar, how about taking my car for a spin :angel:.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I came home and checked it out. I was able to turn the buckle like I have done in other cars. It took about 30 seconds to turn it around backwards. I took some pictures while I turned it back around. Sorry some of them did not come out the best.

One trick is to use the fact that the belt is firmly mounted at the bottom to hold it while you pull the buckle. Fold over the belt as pictured just above the buckle. Then start the corner of the fold into the buckle as shown in the picture. Once it starts, then you just pull hard while holding the crease in place. It works for me, hopefully it will work for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will give it a go. What I noticed in the pic is how low you start on the strap. I believe that is my error, I start too high. Thank you much GAR. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Jeff95TA said:
What, no video? ;D :thumb:
I did a video first, but could not see a video upload button. :) And I am still a product of the 70s and have no clue how to put something up to youtube so I can link to it from here. Maybe I should ask my 7 yr old how to do it. ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I noticed both my rear passenger belts were inside out...fixed 'em. :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts