GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the purpose of the plastic brackets behind the second row seats is?

These are located just behind the rear doors, between 2nd and 3rd row seats. They are plastic and elastic "bungee" cord.

It looks to me like they are perfectly sized to hold the seat belt strap, which goes to the 2nd row seat.

But, for the life of me, I don't know why you would need to hold this seat belt strap.

Please enlighten me, and cure my cluelessness! ??? ???

Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think that when you are driving with the windows down, and the belts are not in use - these will hold them on place and not let the flop around knocking the belt against the side (making noise and botherint you). I have them in the Suburban and the buffeting in the cabin is strong with the rear windows down, I have used them to kepp them ion place - it is a pain for the person who uses the seat next and needs a belt, so if you have a lot of passengers then it is more of a pain to use. If there is another use for the let me know ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
From the owners manual, page 43

Rear Safety Belt Comfort Guides
Rear shoulder belt comfort guides may provide
added safety belt comfort for older children
who have outgrown booster seats and for some
adults. When installed on a shoulder belt, the
comfort guide positions the belt away from
the neck and head.
There is a guide for each outboard passenger
positions in the second row seat and all passenger
positions in the third row.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Keeps the belts on the kids shoulders when using booster seats, etc....If not, they'd be at head or neck level.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well you learn something new every day :thumb: They shoudl advertise their dual use. ;D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Anybody know what the tiny hooks are on the doorpost between the front and rear doors? They are too small and don't go the right direction for drycleaning. Are they for headphones? Something with the sunroof? (I don't have the DVD or sunroof, so it's a mystery to me.)

·
Registered
403 Posts
One review said it was for headphones, but it doesn't work for the headphones we have...no clue.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think someone said you could hang a hat/cap on them. I have not found any good use for them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do not think they are talking about those little hooks that are for the cargo shade. I am not sure what they are used for either.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This has been discussed before the official answer is they are to hang a suit coat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts