GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok yesterday my lovly daughter placed her used gum on the seat belt. It retracted then setled. Now the seat belt won't retract or move becasue of the sticky substance on the roller. I'd like to unscrew the seat belt and make it easier to clean. Any thoughts? I see it has a star screw type fastener any idea what thats called? Any ideas of thoughts would be helpful (even how to get gum off a seatbelt)

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Goo Gone or alcohol on a Q-tip on the roller? The screw is a Torx screw you can buy a cheap set at any auto store. Try the Goo Gone on the belt with the gum.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
Whatever you use to clean the seatbelt, be sure it won't attack the nylon and seriously degrade the safety of the belt! PLEASE! :blob:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
You may want to try ice on the belt before any other chemicals. Usually works well with gum.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The fasteners are called Torx (make sure there is not a pin in the center). Most hardware stores or possibly Lowes/Home Depot will carry a socket set. As I recall from removing these on other vehicles, the main bolt is a large size, so make sure the tool set you get goes that big.

Here's a pic:

You could have your kid chew some more gum & make an impression of the bolt head with it & then take it to the store for match-up. :D

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
sihawker, please let us know how things turned out. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts