GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I USED SCOTCHBRITE PAD ON MY WINDSHIELD TO GET THE WAX PEN NUMBERS OFF OF IT NOT EVEN THINKING IT WOULD SCRATCH. I GUESS I WASNT THINKING CLEAR. ANYWAY DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE SCRATCHES? ALSO HOW MUCH IS A NEW WINDSHIELD WITH HUD?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Take it to a glass shop. They should be able to buff out the scratches. I hear those HUD windshields are not cheap to replace.

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here is a link to a thread on the topic of replacing a HUD windshield.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1831.0

Yes it is much more money ($900 plus). If it is at all possible I would go for the polish option Web Raven mentions, since I think the special coating is on the inside of the windshield I would think glass polishing is an option. They do sell glass polish in the auto stores, not sure how well they work.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you could scratch it that easily, then I would think it could be buffed out and you will not need to replace your windshield.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a thought if you can't get the scratches buffed out.... a lot of insurance companies offer windshield replacement with no or little deductable. Since scratches can be as unsafe as cracks in obstructing your vision, it might be worth while to check your insurance policy on windshield replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts