GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a rather large scratch on my rear passenger-side door. Like 16 inches! :angryfire: I would like to repair this ASAP. How deep is it if the scratch is all white? I have some clear coat scratch remover, and some turtle wax rubbing compound, but would any of this work?

·
Registered
112 Posts
My advice to you go to professional service. They will evaluate if it repairable or not. otherwise you can make it worst. I paid 50 bucks for 12-15 inches long scratch on rear door. They did good job, it's all gone.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree with vad1819, if you want it fixed permanent then have a professional check it out. If you want to do a temporary job, use one of the scratch repair waxes but you will have to reapply periodically.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It sounds like the scratch may be through the color paint layer and into the primer, which means you need professional help as the other posts mentioned.

·
Registered
812 Posts
vad1819 said:
My advice to you go to professional service. They will evaluate if it repairable or not. otherwise you can make it worst. I paid 50 bucks for 12-15 inches long scratch on rear door. They did good job, it's all gone.
:ditto:

·
Registered
487 Posts
WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T USE RUBBING COMPOUND
This will absolutely make your paint look like crap, I have a friend who removed all the emblems off of his Highlander and then used rubbing compound. Needless to say he has a really shinny Black Highlander with a bunch of FLAT BLACK spots all over it, until he gets a pro to fix it. IMO they shouldn't sell rubbing compound in stores anymore, unless it's a Real Parts Store and it's only kept behind the counter.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
coloradoGM said:
WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T USE RUBBING COMPOUND
This will absolutely make your paint look like crap, I have a friend who removed all the emblems off of his Highlander and then used rubbing compound. Needless to say he has a really shinny Black Highlander with a bunch of FLAT BLACK spots all over it, until he gets a pro to fix it. IMO they shouldn't sell rubbing compound in stores anymore, unless it's a Real Parts Store and it's only kept behind the counter.
I know rubbingcompound is bad but what about polishing compound?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts