GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, my tailgate is now scratched and will need some touch up paint. I am trying to find where the paint code is on the Acadia. I have Red Jewel but need the paint code to order the touch up paint. Anyone know where I can find the paint code? It seems to me like it would be on a label on the car, but I could not find it.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
GAR,

The RPO code is 80U for Red Jewel, it should be on the RPO code list in the glove box. There is also a touch-up paint code of WA-301N. Either one should get you what you need.

Bill

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Have you tried buffing yet? I had these on my Acadia and was able to buff them out. Worked well didn't take long at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've buffed out tons of scratches (mostly ones that scratch only the clear coat), and some of what was done to my tailgate will be buffed out. But the biggest scratch is 1/8" wide, 3" long, and goes all the way down to the gray primer. I'm sure no buffing will take it out. :(

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread but my son just put a chip in my White Diamond paint :banghead:. It looks like it took off the clear coat and maybe the pearl coat, it did not go down to metal or primer. I was wondering how your experience with drcolorchip.com went. Were you satisfied with the repair? Would you recommend them? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts