GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer has managed to scratch our custom order Acadia. I am trying to figure out how to approach them when they open up on Tuesday, since they did not contact us when it arrived and just put it out up front with all of the rest of the cars. Based upon the last rain we had, it has been there for at least 4 days. The scratch is on both the painted bumper cover and the plastic lower cover and was probably caused by a metal flag pole setup next to the car. Should I push for replacement of the parts, and just ask for a touch up?

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had a scratched hood when I bought off the dealer's lot. I pointed it out and it was properly noted. They said to make an appointment to bring it in at my convenience and they'd try to buff them out. When I did so, they weren't able to get them out, and said they'd paint the hood at my convenience. I did that later and it's great now.

All of that was at no cost to me and both times I had it in they paid for a loaner vehicle. Other than the minor inconveniences, it worked out very well.

That's the approach I'd take in your case, although the fact that it was custom ordered and an error was made should make them EVEN more apologetic and even more cooperative.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No-No-No on the touch up. :eek:hno: Have them repaint the areas in question to your satisfaction. I'd also go for some kind of a price adjustment as well......Good luck...

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my opinion, they should not have put your new vehicle out where other customers could have been checking it out. :eek:hno: They should of contacted you immediately when it arrived and kept it stored safely for you. I would be pissed at the dealer. :angryfire: Have them fix it to your total satisfaction and get a free bottle of touch up paint. I would look over the vehicle very carefully. Check the interior also. Check the milage.

CT

·
Registered
912 Posts
C Traz said:
In my opinion, they should not have put your new vehicle out where other customers could have been checking it out. :eek:hno: They should of contacted you immediately when it arrived and kept it stored safely for you. I would be pissed at the dealer. :angryfire: Have them fix it to your total satisfaction and get a free bottle of touch up paint. I would look over the vehicle very carefully. Check the interior also. Check the milage.

CT
Yes but the problem is many times the lot monkeys have no clue what vehicle is factory order and what is lot stock so when they are told to move the G8's to a specific local on the lot they just move all of them. My mom had this happen with her Vibe that she ordered every day it would get moved out with the rest of the vehicles on the lot and every day it would get moved back to the back with a note in it that stated it was not to be moved it was a customers car. She was away for work so she couldn't pick it up for almost 2 weeks and each and every day I would drive by the dealership on my way to work and sure enough it was always moved back out front.

·
Registered
275 Posts
DSNY FN said:
Yes but the problem is many times the lot monkeys have no clue what vehicle is factory order and what is lot stock so when they are told to move the G8's to a specific local on the lot they just move all of them. My mom had this happen with her Vibe that she ordered every day it would get moved out with the rest of the vehicles on the lot and every day it would get moved back to the back with a note in it that stated it was not to be moved it was a customers car. She was away for work so she couldn't pick it up for almost 2 weeks and each and every day I would drive by the dealership on my way to work and sure enough it was always moved back out front.
And how, exactly, is their lack of trained and competent staff the customer's problem? We're not talking about VCRs here, we're talking about signifigant chunks of money being driven around.

·
Registered
912 Posts
toasteroven said:
DSNY FN said:
And how, exactly, is their lack of trained and competent staff the customer's problem? We're not talking about VCRs here, we're talking about signifigant chunks of money being driven around.
Just saying it isn't the salesperson that is placing the vehicle out front often times it is the car jockeys regardless of what notification is with said vehicle. I guess I also just have no quams about this as I see it as just a vehicle and nothing more. For our family a car is a mode of transport to get us from point A to point B.

·
Registered
487 Posts
First off our dealer called us as ours was coming off the truck so I think your dealer is a little on the slow side. Second they should try to buff it out, but from the looks of it they should be repainting the upper bumper and replacing the lower.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It depends on how deep the scratch is. If the scratch is just the clear coat and not down to the base coat, some light sanding and buffing will remove it with no problems. I had a couple small scratchs on my 01 Bravada that i sanded and buffed out and you could never tell it was scratched. Have them let the body shop look at it and see what they say.

·
Registered
152 Posts
coloradoGM said:
First off our dealer called us as ours was coming off the truck so I think your dealer is a little on the slow side. Second they should try to buff it out, but from the looks of it they should be repainting the upper bumper and replacing the lower.
I agree, if they can't get it buffed out it should be repainted and the lower replaced. As a goodwill gesture
maybe they should also throw in a couple of free oil changes.

Our acadia was also customed ordered and when it was delivered our salesman made sure it was driven directly
to their stored section, it was never placed with stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts