GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a Acadia or Outlook for a while now.

I signed up here because it has the most technical information on these Lambda's and it allows me to see the pictures.

I currently talking to an out of state dealer for an Outlook.

While this is a hello thread I do have a question I haven’t seen an answer to.
How does the AWD work on these SUV's.

I've had a Volvo XC90 AWD were all wheels get power all the time.
I've also had a Honda Pilot and Ridgeline that just send power to the rear depending on need.

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
It's a 90-10 system that is only active when needed and in essence sits in the background.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Can't wait to see how this AWD thing works on the sand at OBX... Guess I should not forget the tow strap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
ddawson said:
I've been searching for a Acadia or Outlook for a while now.

I signed up here because it has the most technical information on these Lambda's and it allows me to see the pictures.

I currently talking to an out of state dealer for an Outlook.

While this is a hello thread I do have a question I haven’t seen an answer to.
How does the AWD work on these SUV's.

I've had a Volvo XC90 AWD were all wheels get power all the time.
I've also had a Honda Pilot and Ridgeline that just send power to the rear depending on need.

Cheers,
The all wheel drive works fine. Where I live we had about 100 inches of snow last winter and the roads were not always plowed for a day or so and we had no problems. I'm not sure I like it as well as a true 4wd, but it works well and is transparent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know. We spend time in South Lake Tahoe.

I sold the Ridgeline today so the hunt continues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
After about 10 months, I thought I would come back and say HELLO. Our 07 Acadia was beginning to have some issues after 75,000 miles and decided to trade for 12 Terrain, V6, AWD, as dealer our had what we wanted on his lot last June.
Of course it is not the same size as the Acadia, but gets the same mpg as the 07 Acadia, with Terrains 3.0L, 265hp. The 2013 has the 3.6L, 301hp.

I see there are still some old Acadia owners here and have upgraded to later models too. The Terrain Forum has just as nice people too. There are a couple Acadia owners that have purchased new Terrains and still have their Acadia's.

Yes, I do miss some of the old folks that have been around on the Acadia Forum. These forums are very informative, whether more complaints or problems, than positive postings. Some dealer service depts are better than others....etc.

I stand behind being a GMC owner and very happy with the 12' Terrain as was with the Acadia and have a fantastic dealer in Janesville, WI. Hi ALL!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Welcome Back!
The Terrain is also on my list IF and WHEN I finally decide to let go of my 07. If you don't mind, care to share how much were you offered for your Acadia (PM is okay)? I know there are millions of factors to consider but I just want some ballpark estimate.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
teetertotter said:
After about 10 months, I thought I would come back and say HELLO. Our 07 Acadia was beginning to have some issues after 75,000 miles and decided to trade for 12 Terrain, V6, AWD, as dealer our had what we wanted on his lot last June.
Of course it is not the same size as the Acadia, but gets the same mpg as the 07 Acadia, with Terrains 3.0L, 265hp. The 2013 has the 3.6L, 301hp.

I see there are still some old Acadia owners here and have upgraded to later models too. The Terrain Forum has just as nice people too. There are a couple Acadia owners that have purchased new Terrains and still have their Acadia's.

Yes, I do miss some of the old folks that have been around on the Acadia Forum. These forums are very informative, whether more complaints or problems, than positive postings. Some dealer service depts are better than others....etc.

I stand behind being a GMC owner and very happy with the 12' Terrain as was with the Acadia and have a fantastic dealer in Janesville, WI. Hi ALL!!
Hello Teetertotter!

We are so glad you are enjoying your new vehicle. We appreciate your loyalty to GMC. Welcome back to the forum and let us know if you have any questions!

Jessica
GMC Customer Care

Jessica
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
kram said:
Welcome Back!
The Terrain is also on my list IF and WHEN I finally decide to let go of my 07. If you don't mind, care to share how much were you offered for your Acadia (PM is okay)? I know there are millions of factors to consider but I just want some ballpark estimate.
Hi Kram,

If you would like, I can schedule a test drive for you at your local dealership! Let me know if you are interested. :)

Jessica
GMC Customer Care
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for the offer, but, not just yet. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
kram said:
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for the offer, but, not just yet. :thumb:
I'm just curious as to when you're going to be in the market. Be sure to ask "customer service" for incentive information in your area as this might get you a better price too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
GMC Customer Service said:
Hello Teetertotter!

We are so glad you are enjoying your new vehicle. We appreciate your loyalty to GMC. Welcome back to the forum and let us know if you have any questions!

Jessica
GMC Customer Care

Jessica
Jessica, Tricia is as active on the Nox/Terrain board as you are on the Acadia. It is nice to have some factory reps do some follow-up work when they can. We have a new rep that has been added and her name is Amber. Numerous issues with the 2.4L engines.

Kram, I PM you a bit ago. GO! GMC Customer Care Group monitoring these forums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
teetertotter said:
Jessica, Tricia is as active on the Nox/Terrain board as you are on the Acadia. It is nice to have some factory reps do some follow-up work when they can. We have a new rep that has been added and her name is Amber. Numerous issues with the 2.4L engines.

Kram, I PM you a bit ago. GO! GMC Customer Care Group monitoring these forums.
Got it! Thanks. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I have to say the AWD system in our 2013 Acadia Denali works very well. We haven't really had a chance to use it to it's fullest extent, but I am confident that it will work just fine.

We are currently selling our 2013 AWD Acadia Denali as we need a bigger vehicle. It only has 2,700 miles on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hello to you! I had an 2009 FWD Acadia (written off). Just got a New 2013 and upgraded to AWD. Both loaded SLT2 versions (everything on them other than the Denali stick-ons). My wonderful wife loves the "idea" of driving the AWD. This says a lot for me ...
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top