GMC Acadia Forum banner

Saw the 2009 today!

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  OL_Shopper 
#1 ·
Went by the GMC dealer (after hours :mad:), but got to see a 2009 silver
Acadia up-close and personal ;D!!
Think I'll go for a test drive in the next two weeks :thumb:!

Went back today to see the new silver in the light, a 2008 silver was right next to it,
the new silver is much lighter than on the 2007's and 2008's.

Wont be purchasing until later this year or early next (Dec-Feb).

#2 ·
I also saw one today!! I found it on-line and was out driving, so I went by the dealership to see it and try to do a test drive and try out the cooled seats. This was a dealership I have never been to and I could not believe that I walked around and around, inside and outside and was there for at least 20 minutes and was never approached. I never even saw a salesperson. So, I decided to just leave. I have never had that experience at a car dealership, especially on a Saturday. Usually I get hounded as soon as I drive up. As I was leaving it looked like a couple of guys were sitting at a picnic table toward the back of the dealership... so maybe they were taking theri lunch break.

By the way, the vehicle was priced OVER $50,000. It was fully loaded and they tacked on $2000 on top of it.

I haven't tried to negotiate a 2009 yet. I guess I need to pull the trigger soon.

#3 ·
Theresa,

I think you should consider it a priviledge to have an opportunity to walk around a dealership w/o being "hounded" in the first 20 min! I hate it when I don't even have time to take 4 breaths before I get hit-up! Wow, $50K? Even w/ the extra $2K I don't know how it got priced that high! That must have had all avail. options!

Copperhead13 - are you getting closer to buying? I went to a local lot last night (9 pm) and sat in an unlocked SLT-1 ('08) for a bit. I'm getting close to placing an order. Since I'll be buying w/ GMS pricing, I don't anticipate much price negotiation. However, [this is being asked to the general Acadia Forum population] what might I ask for to make the deal more attractive? I've already considered asking for roof rails - which I think they'd give me. I'm looking to order an SLT-2, so it's fairly loaded already. Perhaps a couple of extra oil changes & a full exterior detail? Any ideas?

Thx,

Smooth <><[/color]

#4 ·
Smooth, Yes, I did see it as a priveledge until I got to the point where I just wanted in the darn thing (it was locked) and I wanted to take it for a test drive and try out the seats. I don't plan to get the cooled seats because I live in the Seattle area and it doesnt get that hot here that much and my car is garaged at home and at work. BUT I wanted to try them out before I order just to make sure. If they were only a little bit extra I would probably get them, but it seems they are quite a bit more ($600??). I definitely will get heated seats. I can't live without those.

Yes, the $50k one was a FULLY loaded SLT2 with everything on it and the extra $2k just pushed it over the $50k mark for their asking price. Wowza.

#5 ·
Smooth said:
However, [this is being asked to the general Acadia Forum population] what might I ask for to make the deal more attractive? I've already considered asking for roof rails - which I think they'd give me. I'm looking to order an SLT-2, so it's fairly loaded already. Perhaps a couple of extra oil changes & a full exterior detail? Any ideas?

Thx,

Smooth <><[/color]
Premium all weather mats, rear cargo mat w/GMC logo and 2nd row cup holders, of course ;)

#6 ·
Premium all weather mats, rear cargo mat w/GMC logo and 2nd row cup holders, of course ;)
[/quote]

Thx Bse... Where to the cup holders go? Mine will be a bench seat 2nd row.

Smooth <><[/color]

#7 ·
That's actually a joke. They took the cup holders on the back side of the center console out of the '09. :mad:

Come to think of it, does the bench seat have a fold down center arm rest with cup holders like in my Accord? That would be nice.

#8 ·
bseemore said:
That's actually a joke. They took the cup holders on the back side of the center console out of the '09. :mad:

Come to think of it, does the bench seat have a fold down center arm rest with cup holders like in my Accord? That would be nice.
Found this photo from one for sale at dealership site

Attachments

#10 ·
Bonk - good pic, thx! Is this standard on the bench, or is it an option? I'm looking over some papers that a dealer faxed to me this week, and it doesn't show it as an option. That would be a nice addition to the bench in lieu of the extra cost console for the capt. chairs.

Smooth <><[/color]

#13 ·
Blue
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Way to go Bonk- that's the same setup as our Durango, so the bench seat we 1% people want will save the day for second row / recycled front row drinks! Thanks for the photo.
Blue - You may just get those cup holders after all. ;)

#14 ·
GAR said:
It was standard on my 2008 bench.
I could not remember seeing the cup holders on my bench so I just had to go and check...

They're there alright. :thumb: The baby seat on my bench was blocking them. :angel: Thinking back

the dealer must have shown these and I simply forget they were there. ::)

#15 ·
It's a good thing you have them. It would be a different story if your glass was half empty. :)

If I can't get GM Employee pricing, at least I'm getting second row cup holders of some sort!

I'll still retrofit the console ones if possible, although this got me looking at our trucks- the '98 Durango has floor mounted cup holders at the rear of the console, the '01 does not. Both have two in the middle bench armrest.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.