GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running the a/c burns $$$ while keeping us cool. While totally necessary in these hot summer months,
I've been driving in the cool and saving at the pump all at the same time.

Run the a/c for a few minutes to cool down the cabin. I will set the digital temperature in the SLT1
to 69 and fan speed at 2. Recycle air and auxiliary air set.

Once the cabin is cooled turn the a/c off and keep recycle air and auxiliary air set. The cabin still remains
remarkedly cool... :cheers:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've used the Acadia for my commute to work the last few days -- 50 miles round trip with mixed freeway and regular city driving. I set the A/C at 73 and forgot it. I averaged 24.2 mpg in my driving. I did keep my speed at 65 mph or less on the freeway and was easy on the throttle to accelerate. My wife can do the same trip and average 18.0 mpg. It's all in the way you drive. ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
xseler - I agree with you. It is in the way you drive. My wife and I are the opposite though. She gets 3-4 mpg better than I do, her brakes will last 20-30K longer than mine, and she will get 20-30K more miles out of the tires as well. Of course, I'll get to where I'm going 30 seconds faster. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
While I agree that not running the a/c will save a LITTLE gas the fan setting you pick has nothing to do with it. The only thing on the A/C system that affects how much gas you use is the compressor and it runs when the a/c is on no matter what fan setting you choose. The only thing about that is I live in Texas and there are only a few months you can actually not use your a/c and not sweat your butt off. With that in mind the small savings I would get by not running the a/c is not worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts