GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the 3 questions...

1. 35,100 + ttl for slt1 w/hud/pwr gate/sunroof/convience/preferred pkg to order..is this a good deal as he says?

2. how much is their cost on dvd upgrade without nav?

3. Anyone know if Intel Corp gets supplier discount?

Thanks....My wife and I are days away from dropping 1k to order this one!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Did you ever just build it online (using KBB.com or Edmunds.com) to see what the invoice price was, both of the total, and the individual options? Or did you ever build it on the GM Supplier site to get the Supplier price?

That's where you'd find your answer, as in, what is the price quote in relation to invoice...or know what Supplier price also is, if you're eligible (you're employer should know this), with Supplier using being a few hundred over invoice, in the case of the Acadia.

So, for MSRP & invoice (also remember there's a few hundred added onto this invoice, for ad fees at a dealer:
http://www.kbb.com

And to get the Supplier price, build it here (GM site, specifically programmed to show Supplier pricing for both vehicles you build and in inventories):
http://www.gmbuypower.com/index.jsp?&partnerId=510023&userType=GMSUPPLR
---------------------------------------------------

At this point, a few hundred to around $500 or so over invoice is a proper deal, then minus any conquest cash, etc. you're eligible for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..I ran it thu the supplier build which showed me they were pricing me out at $200 above supplier price. Not sure yet what to think about it....might shop that around a little more. The worst part of ordering is dealing with the trade then..not now. I'm headed to carmax this week to see how that pans out.

Late :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, I TOTALLY understand.

Price-wise, that seems about $700 over invoice...which isn't the best, at least for an order. It's a discount, and not out of line, but many do better.

As for the trade, that's something a lot deal with, us included. I took my mother "Lambda" (to see/drive all 3) shopping a few weeks back, and though she was ready to trade and buy that day...realized she couldn't get exactly what she wanted without ordering, or at least without a dealer locate. The order then puts the trade value as a pie in the sky for the future, unless the dealer makes some kind of a deal...but usually, it's just wait until delivery day and see then.

And also, the same for us, just to get a better idea of a realistic value, I too was thinking Carmax. Then, if it came in, and they couldn't give us a high enough price, there'd be a back-up who maybe could...flipping it at Carmax, then going with the cash back to the other place, etc. Still actually haven't done it, but that's how it might work when we actually do make a move.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think they are about $1,000 off.

·
Registered
284 Posts
deanne said:
I think they are about $1,000 off.
Of what? On the Lambdas, Supplier price typically runs $500 (give or take a few) over invoice. So, with an extra grand off, that'd be a few hundred under invoice...which VERY few dealers are doing or would consider right now. I think straight supplier price is reasonable, or each a couple hundred less...but more just wouldn't be likely.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have an appt. this Wednesday to order my SLT-1 w/hud/sunroof/and pwr gate. summit wht/grey interior. He says he will order at $100 above his cost since trade is no longer involved. (selling it private!).

Any other words of wisdom for ordering? I will have him put that I am elligible for any rebates or incentives at time of delivery...I'm also pushing that he sell me the PAL and 2way remote at cost.

Just days away now...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Joe,
I did the carmax thing too. It didn't work out to well for me. It was well below the trade, AND that didn't account for the state sales tax savings on the trade. State sales tax is only on the out of pocket cash, not on trade $. Good luck at carmax, and with your purchase!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: *Sanity check and questions before I order...Thank you *closed; I ordered**

:cheers: just wanted to close thread and say my acadia is on order!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:angryfire:

ordered oct15th...its christmas eve and we are still carless....the dealership wants the sale complete by end of year...I'm gonna make them wait till after the new year now; unless they promo us with something. I've almost forgot we even ordered the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts