GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read on AOL that the Acadia has been listed as one of the top 18 SUVs for safety. 5 Stars for front and side impact. That makes me feel REALLY good since I am trading in a Volvo!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
mckcab said:
I just read on AOL that the Acadia has been listed as one of the top 18 SUVs for safety. 5 Stars for front and side impact. That makes me feel REALLY good since I am trading in a Volvo!!
Those are the government crash test ratings, which are great. I'm still more interested in the IIHS frontal offset and side impact tests, though. Wonder when those will come out. Lots of cars get 5 stars in the gov't tests and then don't fare as well in the IIHS tests. I expect the Acadia, with the curtain airbags, to do well in both though.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
OK, am I the only one confused?

The NHTSA rates Acadia 5 stars -- front and side.
The IIHS, to my inspection, hasn't tested the Acadia at all.

Or, am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
readyforacadia said:
OK, am I the only one confused?

The NHTSA rates Acadia 5 stars -- front and side.
The IIHS, to my inspection, hasn't tested the Acadia at all.

Or, am I missing something?
You're not confused. You have it exactly right.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Crash Test 2007 - 2009 GMC Acadia / 2007 - 2009 Saturn Outlook / 2008 - 2009 Buick Enclave / 2009 Chevrolet Traverse (Side Impact) IIHS

So I'm watching this video and wondering why on the driver's position the curtain bag doesn't completely cover the window as it does on the second and third row? I do like the fact that it has a shoulder portion so you don't slam against the door. I also like the fact that the curtain bag deploys down far enough to cover second and third row passengers from the flying glass :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
18,759 Posts
How the driver's side airbag deploys and is anchored to the A-pillar might be the factor in its design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts