GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well many of you know i had ordered a company vehicle from gm and was waiting patently till october well yesterday i got a dreaded call..the vehicle i was waiting on is no longer available..so very sad and knowing how hard it was gonna be to find an awd sle with the options i wanted was dis hearting but i figured i would call the dealer and track one down...i found one a lil over 200 miles away same options just blue and i like blue:) so i hope the dealer can work his magic for a almost impossible dealer trade and i hope i get a good news call in the next day

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: sad story happy ending i hope

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you !!

·
Registered
140 Posts

koolacadia, I know how you feel! It's horrible feeling like what you want is so hard to find and being at the mercy of dealers. If we had wanted the bucket seats it would have been so easy, but we wanted a hard to find 8 passenger. One dealer tried to trade for three different Acadias, and none of them worked out. I had almost settled on one that wasn't exactly what I wanted when I got a call from another dealer that he found the perfect Acadia 150 miles away and they were willing to trade. But then the other dealer started dragging their feet and wouldn't pick which vehicle they wanted from my dealer. And when they finally did, it took a whole day to get the car. The driver took forever (10 hours, actually) to bring my Acadia, and I imagined the car getting wrecked or the driver liking it so much that he stole it. But it finally came, and all's well that ends well. Someone posted good advice to me - not to get my hopes up too much because dealer trades can go awry. But I hope everything works out for you and you get exactly what you want!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thanx for the encouragement shellbell..yesterday i think we contacted 12 dealerships in a 230 mile radius i mean we just want a sle awd with remote start and the power package and titanium int. and red or blue so there everywhere...but the dealers just want to sit on em..from not returning voice mails to saying we have someone coming in today to look at it..granted some of that may be true but unlikely..but i found one last night while just putting in random city names in gmc's search to find any that may work..found one in Michigan near the lake Michigan....i don't wanna jinx myself but they said they would trade and our dealer has 2 vehicles they are interested in..im just waiting on them to choose and and if they choose tonight i will have it by Friday..i cant wait and hope it works

·
Registered
185 Posts

That sounds promising... looks like you'll be satidfied early rather than waiting until October. I won't jinx it by congratulating you yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i think we did it...we didnt get the dealer trade it fell through but when u want it, u want it, and my wife and i wanted it, so we are getting it from a dealer 240 miles away and its going pretty smooth..there taking our blazer in as trade so they will deliver the acadia to our door and drive the blazer back..its a sle awd deep blue titanium int. remote start, power package, and trailer package...im tickled

·
Registered
132 Posts
Was the dealer in Michigan in Grand Haven, Betten??

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's great! Also, what a riot! I live 20 minutes from Paw Paw!!! We didn't get ours through them though, they didn't have any when we called them back in January!!!! Congratuations. We waited 12 weeks for ours and its been perfect since we got it! You'll LOVE it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is topper a decent dealership? since i dont know hardly anything about em? from the invoice they sent me its been there since march and they have 4 or 5 of em

·
Registered
159 Posts
They have been in business a long long time. They bought the dealership where my husband bought his GMC Sierra in like 2000 I believe. I think they are ok folks up there. I have driven by a few times to see what they have on the lot and they always had 3 or 4 sitting there. That's more than some dealers around here! Good for them!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanx for that...sometimes u can get some shady dealers u know? i like to deal with an honest dealer(yeah i know lol)

·
Registered
159 Posts
koolacadia: Speaking of honest dealers...I was raving about how we know our guy and he's done business with my husbands family for years. HOWEVER, there were several little things that were either "misspoken" on his part, "lies" or "half truths", that were told to us along this whole process. I am happy the vehicle is in, but lets just say...I'll be doing business elsehwhere next time. Hopefully not for another 8-10 years!!!

Best of luck. Keep up posted when you get it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts