GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all- we have a Yukon now that we are trading in on a new Acadia.
Dealer has one coming in with everything we want but two things --
bench seats and the RVO19 chrome wheels.

He says he can add bench seats and the chrome wheels at the dealer. Does this sound feasible?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
He said he could add the bench seats? Our dealer told us that they couldn't due to the seats that slide up. They said if it had been a Caddie they could have, but not on the Acadia. I would be interested in which dealer is right. Mine had the Acadia on the lot exactly how we wanted but with the wrong seats. They told us they had to order.

INTERESTING! :eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will find out today...we are supposed to wrap up the deal. It looks like the bench should fit on the floor rails just like the captain's chairs, so i dont see why he could not switch them, other than the scarce availability of the bench.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Where is he getting the bench seat? I hope it's not from another car.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Has to be from another car. How will they explain that?

Not sure that is going to happen and the salesman was just over anxious to make a sale.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought I read in another thread that the tracks aren't in the same place for the captains vs. the bench.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Man, get it written in the contract that they will make the switch for you. They way you have some recourse if they don't know what they are talking about.
I would think that as long as you have two sets of tracks on the floor, that it would be possible.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can't confirm, but here's the post about bench trade with captain's chairs. Says it can't be done, and from an engieneering standpoint, this makes sense for weight distribution and the mechanics of the slide to work properly.

From: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=43.0 (Posted by Mitchl)
I was thinking this would be logical, but I did go out toa dealer today to specicially check the 2nd row bench. Granted it was an Outlook, but I am pretty sure that is the same. The rails do have different placement for the 2nd row bench. For the 60% bench, one rail is similar placement to the captain on the left side, but the other rail is under the middle section, clearly to the right of where the captain's chairs would be.

Now under the floormats, it may very well be easily changable, and I would guess that the unibody is the same, so it is a matter of reconfiguration, but it could be welded in place, and even if it is not, the dealer reconfiguring it might not get all those bolts as tight as the factory did. I would recommend if you want bench, to get it ordered or transported to you-- don't go with the dealer doing some reconfig. (I actually had a dealer suggest going with the base model if it had the options we wanted and then get the seats done in leather by a local shop to save money. No thanks! Besides we wanted MemorySeats even more than leather, and you have to go SLT2 for that)

On my question above about the lower LATCH anchors being there for the middle of the 2nd row bench,, they are nowhere to be found. If you want to put a kid seat in the middle (and it would be tight), you are going to have to use the seatbelt, oh well, my little girl won't have a center seat for the Wiggles after all.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
You can put a seat in the middle. Use the outside latch anchors from the left and the right.

You just can't fold either side without disconnecting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Struck out on both counts today...
Dealer said for "safety" reasons, they could not switch the seats...

Also, the RVO19 style 19" wheels are nowhere to be found at this time...factory does not have them and dealer does not have them...

So, we submitted an order.

Red
Ebony
SLT2
AWD
DVD
Nav
HID
Head Up Display
Trailer pkg
Skyscape
19" wheels
2nd row bench

Now, he claims it will be produced next week. But since he was not even submitting the order until "Mon or Tues," and he could not lock rates because he had no VIN, I asked directly whether he even had allocations left. He claimed allocations were not a problem. Now I am nervous.

So, does anyone know how long it takes to arrive at the dealer (Colorado) after production? 2 weeks? 60 days?

·
Registered
218 Posts
BloodRedHog said:
Struck out on both counts today...
Dealer said for "safety" reasons, they could not switch the seats...

Also, the RVO19 style 19" wheels are nowhere to be found at this time...factory does not have them and dealer does not have them...

So, we submitted an order.

Red
Ebony
SLT2
AWD
DVD
Nav
HID
Head Up Display
Trailer pkg
Skyscape
19" wheels
2nd row bench

Now, he claims it will be produced next week. But since he was not even submitting the order until "Mon or Tues," and he could not lock rates because he had no VIN, I asked directly whether he even had allocations left. He claimed allocations were not a problem. Now I am nervous.

So, does anyone know how long it takes to arrive at the dealer (Colorado) after production? 2 weeks? 60 days?
Getting built next week is a possiblity they can request a priority 1 build, and If they already had their allocation and were ready to order it would go in front of other orders. After it is actually produced it will take anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts