GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered or priced the Chrome RV022 or RV019 wheels? If so, are they ordered as a package or are the rims add ons after you order the P64 19" wheels? What are the prices?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dealer quoted me $650 per wheel or $2600 total. Went with the standard 19" upgrade for $695 total instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I now understand why the dealer is charging so much for the chrome wheels. There are very limited options to fit the vehicle. They are a 6x132 bolt pattern and require a +55 offset. I stopped by the local tire dealer today, and they don't have anything that will work. I will try some web surfing to try and find some options. Looks like stock might be the answer :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
I do not know what the RV022/19 wheels look like, but I do like the chrome wheel look on the dark color Acadias (Carbon, Blue, Red, etc).

I note that the Acadia Forum Logo has a Blue Acadia with chrome wheels that look just like GM 20-inchers (part number 17800945) that you can get for the Yukon at GM Accessories.

That same chrome wheel is on the Carbon GMC Acadia photo at the GMC site (5th photo in the photo gallery--exterier photos).

There is a different chrome wheel on the Red Acadia you see in many of the magazines--I haven't found that wheel at any of the accessory sites.

I've attached a photo of the wheel and you can also see at: http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/accessorydetail.jsp?make=gmc&model=yukon&year=2007&detail=05_GMC_CRB_20W_CK94501&sid=8387443138569335

I'm wondering if these are the same wheels or are the ones in the photos a "one-off" design that may be coming in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also like the look of the chrome. I'm thinking of ordering mine w/ the std. 18" wheels. Other than looking real cool, is there another good reason to upgrade? Not that I'm planning to do any real "off-roading", but don't the 19's further reduce the clearance in the wheel wells?

Thx for your good insights!

Smooth <><

·
Registered
794 Posts
Actually, the 19's are slightly smaller then the 18's. They do look a little better since they show slightly less rubber. They also turn more revolutions per mile and slightly raise the gear ratio (so mpg should be slightly less). This was all all covered in depth in the old acadia forum. I think the big thing is the look of the rims. To me the standard ones, both 18 and 19 look pretty much the same. Some of the options are pretty cool. Also makes me wonder about aftermarket ones.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
002 said:
I note that the Acadia Forum Logo has a Blue Acadia with chrome wheels that look just like GM 20-inchers (part number 17800945) that you can get for the Yukon at GM Accessories.
The acadiaforum logo was originally the very familiar red Acadia media photo. But I wanted a good pic of the blue one to match the overall color scheme a little better, so I changed it to the blue you see up there in photoshop. At some point when more members start getting their orders filled, I'd like to have the logo be a revolving set of member's cars - one of each color. But we'll get to that when the time is right.

·
Registered
166 Posts
graffx4 said:
Dealer quoted me $650 per wheel or $2600 total. Went with the standard 19" upgrade for $695 total instead.
$2600 will buy you one nice set of custom billet wheels in what ever bolt circle and offset you want, plus it won't look like all the rest once they start to roll them out (see the GM 20s on Tahoes, Yukons, etc.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remember if you go aftermarket, the tire pressure sensors may not work. I have been told there is a sensor in the valve stem, that may/or may not work if you move it to different wheels. I have also gotten conflicting reports on the offset of the wheels. Bigwheels.com http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&view_mode=model&action=&model=&model_vehicle=Acadia
is listing the Acadia, and says it uses a 30-42 offset, which is different than I was told at Les Schwab, which stated it was a +55 offset. Bottom line, a high offset and a 6x132 bolt pattern does limit what is available.

I am ordering my Acadia this morning, so I will see what the dealer says, but I am definitely going to stay stock. I want the tire pressure unit to work, and don't feel like experimenting. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
The tire pressure sensor is a very good point. That hasn't come up before. Does anyone have any detailed info on where it is and how it works?

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is part of the valve stem. I have seen them (valve stem and module) on one of the GM parts web sites..... I do not remember which one right now.

They were not that expensive if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How does the information from the valvestem get to the module? *Rant* I hate all of these useless little gadgets that have infiltrated new vehicles. Makes them more and more diffucult to modify. *Rant off*

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Very informative article! Thanks. The interesting thing to me is that as of Aug. 2007, the tire pressure systems will be mandated for all vehicles. I would assume that the after market (Rim) people will have to follow suit. From scaning the article, it looks lile retrofitting is very possible for rims you would buy. Hopefully they would still communicate to the dash as well as the origional pressure sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Aftermarket does seem possible, but from various things I've read, most of the time the ECU has to be updated to recognize the new monitor (which makes sense, or it might pick up that car sitting next to you at a red light). No idea what's involved in getting an ECU updated/reprogrammed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts